Bipod Questions

Help me make an informed decision if you would. Looking for a good quality bipod for my Christensen MPR chambered in 300PRC. Maybe I'm a dork but I'd like something carbon fiber like the gun. I hear a lot about Harris and Spartan, the Spartan products seem cool but I'd rather have something that is designed to stay on the gun unless I want to pull it off.
I've read about preloading a bipod but I don't understand how or when that might help, and it seems to be hard to find that design when you don't know what you're looking for.
Right now a Caldwell AccuMax is what I have.

Loading a bipod is over rated - the purpose is to take up slack and with the new bipods there isnt any slack to take up. Here is one to consider:

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hi-ug

If you want something carbon fiber, light, and stays on the rifle, etc You should look at the Rugged Ridge maybe. We are the largest retailer of Spartan in the world, I love their bipods, but like you said it's for someone who does not want the bipod permanently attached.

Attached is a line for the Rugged Ridge, take a look and feel free to send me a PM about one.

Built very tough by the same people who own Defiance and MOA rifles.

Do you have a pic on the end or just a swivel still?

111_f3676ef6-538e-45f5-90e2-3c4aef10cd04_1800x1800.jpg

JGood

Lil-Rokslider
Ive run both the Atlas and the Harris. Took the Atlas on my CO deer hunt last week. Prefer the quick deploy of the Harris, but the stability of the Atlas and the multiude of position is superior. I dont mind the weight increase. I like a 10lbs gun all in.

Ajsomp

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I’ve been looking at the MTN Gear bipod after some recommendations on its weight and ease of use. I’ve run Harris and Atlas to date- and I’m looking to shave weight where I can while having a bipod that is meant to stay on the gun.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Spartan adapter on the forend. Can switch between long bipod for seated shots and short bipod for prone shots within second. No bipod to remove for off pack or off the hood of a vehicle, off tree branch etc shots.

Spartan adapter on the forend. Can switch between long bipod for seated shots and short bipod for prone shots within second. No bipod to remove for off pack or off the hood of a vehicle, off tree branch etc shots.
If you are carrying two bipods you mights as well roll with a harris 12-25.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
If you are carrying two bipods you mights as well roll with a harris 12-25.
Have you seen how the Spartan system works? Neither bipod is ever on the rifle which is a hard requirement for me . Most of my shots are either seated with long bipod or off pack. Lots of off hand shots and shots off the hood of an ATV or my jeep as well.

Short bipod is in the bino harness. Long bipod strapped to outside of pack. Either one can be deployed to rifle and ready for a shot in seconds. I kill a lot of animals with this setup. No reason to switch unless somebody comes out with a better/quicker system.

Have you seen how the Spartan system works? Neither bipod is ever on the rifle which is a hard requirement for me . Most of my shots are either seated with long bipod or off pack. Lots of off hand shots and shots off the hood of an ATV or my jeep as well.

Short bipod is in the bino harness. Long bipod strapped to outside of pack. Either one can be deployed to rifle and ready for a shot in seconds. I kill a lot of animals with this setup. No reason to switch unless somebody comes out with a better/quicker system.
I have the spartan bipod. Also have the harris. You are carrying the weight either way and the harris is way faster. The whole purpose of the spartan is to save weight, which when carrying two of them like you do, you don’t save weight.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I have the spartan bipod. Also have the harris. You are carrying the weight either way and the harris is way faster. The whole purpose of the spartan is to save weight, which when carrying two of them like you do, you don’t save weight.
Isn’t the Harris system still permanently attached to the rifle? I used to hunt that way. Never again.

Isn’t the Harris system still permanently attached to the rifle? I used to hunt that way. Never again.
Doesnt have to be with a quick release. I actually prefer them attached to the rifle. With the way you hunt, seems crazy not to have a 12-25 on your gun. You don’t have to deploy it, you can shoot off a pack or the hood of your jeep or a log and it protects the forearm of your rifle.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Doesnt have to be with a quick release. I actually prefer them attached to the rifle. With the way you hunt, seems crazy not to have a 12-25 on your gun. You don’t have to deploy it, you can shoot off a pack or the hood of your jeep or a log and it protects the forearm of your rifle.
Hunted that way for decades and I’m always open to advice these days. The system I have now has been working for 3 full seasons and about 20 big game animals. Hundreds of coyotes and rabbits as well. Probably gonna stick with what has been working so well for a while longer.

Timgunner

FNG
The new Gunwerks bipod looks pretty awesome especially for the price and if you are wanting a classy carbon bipod to match your rifle.
I have used Harris, Atlas, GGnG and several knockoffs of others. Right now I’m not using a dedicated bipod for hunting I’m using carbon fiber trekking poles with the Wiser precision quick sticks attachment with the picatinny clamp. The trekking poles allow me to shoot at basically any height. They can even be used prone if you keep the trekking poles completely collapsed and the mount set in the 45 degree detent. I shot my muley this year in a seated position at 350yds off this set up with my pack tucked under my armpit.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
So you take 2 Spartan bipods?