Black Rifle Coffee Company

We subscribe to the BRCC. I'm an espresso snob and the beans are decent. I do a combo of local roasters along with BRCC. I feel like I give them a bit more business because I do like the model that they pitch. I've tried to be more "conscious" of where my money goes in recent years and do everything I can to support companies/communities that support 2A and hunting/conservation over others...even if that means a bit of a drop on quality. Starbucks via is a perfect example...those are damn good in the backcountry but I cant get behind starbucks at all. There are some local roasters near where I live that roast mind blowing beans, however, its vegan/hipster central when you go in there and I feel like every step towards the counter consumes some of my manhood. I use BRCC to balance this out haha.

Just tried Freedom Roast.. Out of the 5 roasts I've tried, its near the top. My favorite non-dark roast from them. Still better options for the price though. I will 'ration' it. ha.

BuckSnort

WKR
First I tried their single pods and liked em
Then I tried their grounds and liked them better
Now I buy their whole bean and grind myself and DAMN it's good!

I now admit I am a redneck coffee snob lol..

ScottinPA

WKR
Are you guys that are getting ground coffee getting a bag with a "zip lock" seal that doesn't? In fact it's worthless as only one side is adhered to the bag. The first two bags I got with this problem, I contacted them just to let them know there's a problem. Didn't want free coffee or whatever. Just got a bag of Freedom Roast and Fit Fuel to try and both of those bags are the same.

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
They are opening a retail location right down the street from me, I guess I will have to check them out after these reviews.

JCooper

FNG
We have been buying the 5 pound bags and none of them have ever had a seal. We just fold and put a clip on it.

Gotta bag from my nephew, it’s good coffee but a little sticker shock. Seems like a great company though

i dont think the coffee is that much better than some other brands but I just want to support them so they dont stop making their crazy funny videos. .... if we can keep those coming out its worth the cost of the coffee.

Jwbfx4

FNG
Not a huge coffee person, but I do enjoy their coffee and drink BB regularly. I need to try a few of the others.

jmcd22

WKR
I had the CAF the other day at work and in my very limited experience, it was freaking awesome. I thought the Silencer Smooth and Just Black were good, but the CAF was in another league. For you coffee gurus, if you take the same coffee (Just Black for example) and have one in Kcups and the other as coffee grounds, would it yield different results? I'm sure there are some differences but is it that noticeable?

ScottinPA

WKR
Not a coffee guru but there is a significant difference, IMHO, between bought K-cups and using a resuable K-cup with grounds and its cheaper.