BOOTS FOR HELL!!!!

Chape1rm

Lil-Rokslider
Check out our Kestrel boots. I've wore them over the summer in some 100F+ heat. Probably not the most breathable/coolest boot out there, but they worked fine for me.

- Matt
Ive been eyeing the kestrels, I have beartooths now with sheepfeet that are cut to the shape of the insoles. Do the kestrels use the same shape insole? Would I be able to take the sheepfeet out of the beartooth and use them in the kestrel?

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ive been eyeing the kestrels, I have beartooths now with sheepfeet that are cut to the shape of the insoles. Do the kestrels use the same shape insole? Would I be able to take the sheepfeet out of the beartooth and use them in the kestrel?

Yep, same insoles. This is actually what I do. I go between my beartooth 0g and kestrels quite a bit and swap insoles. The tow box in the kestrel is a touch bigger, but I have't had any issues. - matt

Looks like OP bought boots but I’d recommend the Lowa Baffin Pro boots. Stiffness is similar to Lowa Tibets. They are leather lined. Not waterproof of course. I wear them on wildland fires and they are great.

also lookin at hanwag yukons, and crispi thors.....probably gonna go through guidefitter or the go hunt site.
Yukons are my all round boot. I can’t speak for SoCal but STX and transpecos/WTX in the summer are pretty hot. They handle cactus and rock well and being leather lined and not gortex they breath well for leather boot. I only wear thin wool socks,( grip 6, smart wool PHd, farm to feet etc, basically what’s ever on sale) in my hiking boots. If it’s a real sweaty day hiking, I just change socks mid day.