Browning cams

Why so many?
I just want a reliable non cell camera that don’t spook game or trespassers but theres way to many options.How do you decide?

pirogue

WKR
By wanting “non-spook”, you probably mean “no glow”, which eliminates several models. But I agree, there are still several factors you have to decide on including, but not limited to, mega pixel, maximum distance, and speed of activation. My biggest complaint is, you select a certain model, choose the buyer(several if online), and then you find that Browning has already discontinued it.

EdP

WKR
I've got one of the black ops models and two that show a red light when taking night pics. The red light doesn't seem to spook game but they definitely see and react to it. For nighttime tresspasser issues I would go black ops. All work fine most of the time. Browning recommends doing a "delete all" with every SD card swap because that function also re-formats the card. It does seem to prevent problems.

The explosion of available options is now common to almost everything on the market, not just trail cams. It has made it difficult for brick and mortar stores to compete. They just can't carry the inventory necessary to offer all the options.

OP
C
I just ordered 3 dark ops hd max.
Not as fancy as some but hopefully makes up in reliability and longevity.

in my opinion browning makes the best non cell cam out there for the money... taking pic quality, battery life, price and customer service into consideration. I run a ton of brownings year round
I agree. I’ve a few Strike Force cameras that are well over 10 years old and still taking pictures.

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
Running brownings for 12 years. Currently have 15 deployed. Never use Duracells. Duracells have killed more cameras for me than any other reason. I have some cameras that have lasted 7 years. I write the day I received them inside the door and another date on the outside frame every time I do a fully function test to see who is working. Also name the camera the month and year received when I program. This has helped judge price vs reliability. I found the below $150 models to last the longest and the Dark Ops are best for predators.

Archery22

FNG
I agree Brownings are great. But if you want a camera that won't break the bank, take a look at GardePro E5 on Amazon prime now for $35 They take great pictures and video.

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
Buy the security boxes if you are going to leave them out long term. Not only for the security but they protect the plastic from UV rays, bugs and just general up keep. I have 20 out over 3 states that are left out year round. Never had one fail yet in 8-9 years. Use energizer lithium batteries.
Try getting this performance out of a cuddie crap camera good luck

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
I switched to the lithium’s after we had a 5 day freeze that caused the batteries to fail. Tried rechargeables and they never worked well For me.

TSAMP

WKR
Lithium have been hard to find. I used to get them at Costco. Any good sources?

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
Funny I was going to ask you the same thing. I have been buying my cr123 from Amazon for my thermal. I picked up the energizer lithium a few times on Amazon after comparing them to Wally world. Otherwise it was buy them when I found them. I’ll convince the wife to look. She is a better shopper than I am. I use 3 cameras at the house to prove to her we had a fox living under the shed. She is a fan of the game cameras. We’ve caught numerous delivery drivers throwing the package on the porch. It is great evidence when you send the company a pic with the package in mid air. I’ll tag back in once she finds a good deal.

Love my Brownings.

+ 1 on TrailCameraPro

rom828q

FNG
Been running Brownings for 8 years now. Have tried multiple different brands, and just haven't been able to beat them for price/reliability.

Obieone1

FNG
I have 35-50 Browning cameras in the field all year round, and they're the best value for money. I get them on special deals for $100 each from online retailers like B&H photo. These cameras last a long time with just 6 batteries, even when recording video with sound. To save on battery costs, I use external battery setups. They have small footprints and easy to hide on smaller trees.