Budget minded 12x50 or 15x50 Binoculars

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on $500ish budget binoculars are. I know you get what you pay for but I have a daughter with medical bills that arent going away until she's into adulthood. I do alot of trading and such to get nicer gear but want to just buy these and I think I could save up to get some in this price range and not feel too guilty about it. Any input or feedback is appreciated.

I've been using a pair of Burris signature HD's in 12x50 for a couple years now. No complaints and they can be found for a good price if you shop around. Not sure why nobody talks about the Burris line much, either good or bad. They have a solid product and warranty.

Napperm4

WKR
It seems a little trickier in the higher mags at budget prices.

I owned a pair of viper HD 15’s. Partly due to price but also form factor and weight. Worst optic I have ever owned. The 10’s are a completely different product in that same line. Awesome value for dollar in their day.

On the other hand I tried some of my buddies maven 12’s and I was shocked at how good they were.

Seems the 8x-10x generally suffer less in the $500 price range than the 12x-15x options. Not a lot of help I know, best to look through as many as you can I have learned. I’d caution against the lower end of the mid range budget you’re in.

Like everyone says. Buy the best ones you can afford. Base that on your own experience as much as possible.

I think the Maven C1s in 12x50 are the best option at that price point. Like napper I haven't had good luck using higher powered binos in the $500 price range, so personally I would go with a set of 10s. Definitely opens up the options for a good pair.

MMB1

FNG
Vipers are just ok for the money. Decent clarity but you will be on the focus dial constantly. Hard to go cheap with the higher mag binos.

Shraggs

WKR
God bless managing medical bills, been there long time myself.

I have several swaros now. So hard when you can only afford 500. Weird thing is over a decade I would have been better off finding a way as opposed to stepped quality.

I’d look at some older “b” glass used like meopta, ZEISS, swaro or the Nikon hd.

Really look at your gear and part with what isn’t used much.

I have Vortex Viper 12x50. I have been very happy with them. Alpha glass fans aren't willing to give Vortex much credit, but I can effectively glass farther then I'd be able to stalk and pack out. Some people say they have to constantly adjust the focus, but once I got the diopter right, the depth of field is ample. There's a mountain with nearly 5,000 feet of prominence 6-7 miles away from the house and although I never glassed it I believe I could based on the clarity of the cattle near the bottom and the trees scattered on it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have Vortex Viper 12x50. I have been very happy with them. Alpha glass fans aren't willing to give Vortex much credit, but I can effectively glass farther then I'd be able to stalk and pack out. Some people say they have to constantly adjust the focus, but once I got the diopter right, the depth of field is ample. There's a mountain with nearly 5,000 feet of prominence 6-7 miles away from the house and although I never glassed it I believe I could based on the clarity of the cattle near the bottom and the trees scattered on it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I agree with you on this, Viper 12x50 is a solid option. I’ve been loving mine, this season they have allowed me to spot more game. I believe Cody Nelson of Gohunt says it, buy the best glass you can afford and put it on a tripod. Whatever you end up with, practice with it. You could have Swaros but if you don’t know how to adjust it or where to look for game, it’s about worthless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Not to be a killjoy.....but if you are the type of person that will look at a top bino in the future and say, "I have to have those"....you would be better off spending more $$ up front for Meopta, Nikon or one of the top 3.

If that's your max $$$....then just never look through one of the top binos and you will be fine......