CA late season hunt

OP
CaseyU

CaseyU

WKR
I apologize for the suspense. I wanted to get him off the hill and cleaned up before dark!!! Well here is out it went... Found the buck actually in the next zone and went up the hill and kept hunting! Saw a couple small bucks and was working down this ridge and wouldn't you know there he was. I knew exactly what buck he was when I saw him. I did not even look through my binos (kinda stumbled on him) he did not mind, he had other things on his mind! Did not do much sneaking the deer did most of the work for me! Waited for the lead doe which I knew he was following. Ranged her. 45 yards uphill. He popped in the lane quartering slightly away I shot for just over 40 and heard the sound that we all hope for! Short track job and there he lie. He ended up measuring 24 7/8" wide and not that it matters but I will put a score on him tomorrow! Thanks for all of you guys following along and supporting me! It was a long one! You guys and gals have been unbelievable! Can't thank you enough!!!

OP
CaseyU

CaseyU

WKR
7b47ba24089edb7afa0ce7798f5fac35.jpg
2ad04e095582498dfddd1d71f9275777.jpg

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man what a buck. Just when it looked grim with sickness and rain you pulled it all together and collected a dandy