Cam Hanes

Groupie? That probably is cam. Add sm sock puppets to things that bug me about him.
What would be hilarious is to see Cam actually post in this thread and watch all the smack talkers instantly change their tune to apologies and praise.

I'm just here to laugh at a bunch of grown men who spend their time obsessing over another grown man who they claim to not care about.

WKR
What would be hilarious is to see Cam actually post in this thread and watch all the smack talkers instantly change their tune to apologies and praise.

I'm just here to laugh at a bunch of grown men who spend their time obsessing over another grown man who they claim to not care about.
You going for a merit badge or something?

CorbLand

WKR

Obsessing over grown men who are obsessing's over another grown man? You have been here less than 48 hours and over 50% of your posts are in this thread. The real question here is who is more obsessed?

I’ve probably said this earlier in this exact thread, but it’s worth repeating. My issues with Cam are twofold: 1. Claiming he’s completely average and anyone can do what he does simply is not true 2. He’s incredibly sensitive to every little bit of criticism, no matter how valid or minor. Being in his position and shitting on people who haven’t accomplished what he has is very off-putting.

What he has accomplished is absolutely inspiring, but he comes off as insufferable on sm and podcasts.
He doesn’t have average resiliency, but that’s a pretty stubborn mind set. We are all average some just choose to add to it a little.

I have mad respect for him, he created something from an internal conflict and has fought everyday not to quit and let it beat him.

Not the life I’d choose but hat tip to him for what he has accomplished. He can be sensitive… it affects no one else

Last edited:

Kilboars

WKR

I’d like to see them bump into him in the woods and talk that BS to his face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
My only problem with people like Cam and this is not just directed at Cam is that I don't think they are as honest as they should be about the places they are hunting. So you get people that don't know any better that think they are hunting some general unit and then said person thinks they can do the same thing. They go buy a general season, OTC elk tag and hunt for 5 days. The only bull they see looks like its the product of 8 generations of incest and go back bitching to game agencies that the quality sucks because they saw a video where people were passing 350" bulls.

Said person doesnt realize that the video was shot on a 5000 acre ranch that gives out 5 tags a year and is managed for big animals.

Obsessing over grown men who are obsessing's over another grown man? You have been here less than 48 hours and over 50% of your posts are in this thread. The real question here is who is more obsessed?
Seems like you're obsessed with me. Less than 48 hours and I already got a stalker, is that a new record?

CorbLand

WKR
Seems like you're obsessed with me. Less than 48 hours and I already got a stalker, is that a new record?
Just trying to make sure I understand the logic you are running off...if someone A) posts in a thread and/or B) responds back to someone's post once, they are obsessed and/or stalking that person?

Damn dude, you have done that like 6 times in this thread. You really should reevaluate your life choices.

My only problem with people like Cam and this is not just directed at Cam is that I don't think they are as honest as they should be about the places they are hunting. So you get people that don't know any better that think they are hunting some general unit and then said person thinks they can do the same thing. They go buy a general season, OTC elk tag and hunt for 5 days. The only bull they see looks like its the product of 8 generations of incest and go back bitching to game agencies that the quality sucks because they saw a video where people were passing 350" bulls.

Said person doesnt realize that the video was shot on a 5000 acre ranch that gives out 5 tags a year and is managed for big animals.
So pretty much every hunting show out there? Like primos guys. You mean elk hunting on public isn’t always like that?

CorbLand

WKR
So pretty much every hunting show out there? Like primos guys. You mean elk hunting on public isn’t always like that?
Pretty much, that is why I added the "this is not just directed at Cam" part. I do think some do a better job at explaining that they are hunting in unique situations but overall, the vast majority do a piss poor job.

I certainly don't hate Cam, but I'll have to admit the hype makes me roll my eyes.

My elk hunting buddy had a great year last year. He killed a 290ish 6 point on a much less than top tier Wyoming tag, and then killed an old 300ish 6 point one month later on a second choice Colorado tag. He was also right behind me 4 days after his CO bull when I killed a 275ish 6x7 in the same CO unit. Nobody beats him with a pipe, nor does he run marathons. I don't think he even has a formal workout regimen. He just gets up early, is willing to gain a bunch of elevation to get to glassing spots, spends the time behind glass, and does a good job of using good woodsmanship skills.

If I had a great tag and needed someone to help me, and it was between him and Cam, I know who I'm choosing and it wouldn't be Cam....

I feel like we make mountains out of molehills when it comes to hunting fitness.......
In my mind Hanes was just an average dude and made it to be famous. Now he can hunt on expensive places and do whatever. But really Who cares. Good for him.

There are tons and tons of amazing hunters out there that no one even knows about. Doesn’t really mean squat.

I’m the youngest guy in colorado to kill the big 9 with a bow.( Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Black Bear, Mountain Lion, Bighorn sheep, Mountain Goat, Pronghorn, Mountain Lion, and Moose. )

All on public land. And I did it all myself with no guides. I’m not famous and don’t care to be famous. I’m no sponsored and don’t care to be sponsored. Guys like Cam can do what they do and it doesn’t bother me. Im a blue collar dude who has been very successful. But it doesn’t make me a better hunter than anyone else out there.