Cam Hanes

So pretty much every hunting show out there? Like primos guys. You mean elk hunting on public isn’t always like that?

Primos' identity isn't anchored in being an ultra athlete and grinding it out on everything for the purpose of being better elk hunters.

I haven't seen Will Primos taking pics carrying a bear on his shoulders or packing a quarter and thanking his bros for all the help packing trying to make it look like something it isn't.

What I admire about Cam is he's a bowhunter. Not a part time bowhunter, not a washed up bowhunter, a bowhunter without excuses. Many guys have a change of heart over the years or hunt with multiple weapons. That's cool, they're still on our side of the fence, but I like bowhunting, and bowhunters. They know what it takes to stick with a bow. They know that feeling of loss. They know the feeling of uncertainty on slam dunk shots and Cam isn't immune to that I promise you. I've never met him, but we have a lot in common, what's there not to like?

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
Cam needs to hunt something other private guided elk (and 1 grizzly and 1 sheep and texas ranch WT)

Lets see some diy dall/stone sheep, antelope, moose, caribou.

Looking at his home gym with that many elk mounts it looks boring as hell. I'd say his taxidermist is the real winner

A bit biased as an adult onset hunter of sorts that was partially influenced by Hanes...

the dude holds down a 40-hour a week job as a materials buyer for a local municipality, hunts his ass off, does the social media thing, lifts like an 80s action star and runs like Forrest Gump on crack. His message is generally positive and upbeat. Oh, BTW he is a badass archer.

What the hell is not to like?

oh yeah, he does product endorsements…wakey, wakey, eggs and bacey! Have you watched an NFL game? NBA? NHL? NASCAR race? News flash:Sponsors fund athletics and media in almost every form At some level. Even the stuff you pay a subscription for like Netflix and HBO, or did you just think it was magic that Tony soprano gave his wife a Porsche Cayenne for no reason at all and happened to mention the trim package and engine size for no reason either. Take a look at this page. There are a half dozen banner ads, including one that is probably under the text of this post or the one above it or below it.

so color me a fan of Cam Hanes. Now he is no damn sexual 🦖🦖🦖 like @Aron Snyder, But Cam seems like a good dude that somehow finds a way to do more shit than just about anyone I know of and still hunts more than me.
Totally agree with you!

In my mind Hanes was just an average dude and made it to be famous. Now he can hunt on expensive places and do whatever. But really Who cares. Good for him.

There are tons and tons of amazing hunters out there that no one even knows about. Doesn’t really mean squat.

I’m the youngest guy in colorado to kill the big 9 with a bow.( Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Black Bear, Mountain Lion, Bighorn sheep, Mountain Goat, Pronghorn, Mountain Lion, and Moose. )

All on public land. And I did it all myself with no guides. I’m not famous and don’t care to be famous. I’m no sponsored and don’t care to be sponsored. Guys like Cam can do what they do and it doesn’t bother me. Im a blue collar dude who has been very successful. But it doesn’t make me a better hunter than anyone else out there.
you pretty much nailed my feelings on the subject, Cam hunting awesome exclusive land doesn't effect me, i think it's cool he has earned the opportunities he has.... he could kill 5 400" bulls every year on public land, and it wouldn't change the enjoyment i get out of hunting... i am a pretty competitive hunter, but it's me competing against me, i don't need to compare myself or my hunting credentials to others, i don't need validation, hunting is a pretty selfish pursuit to me, i hunt as much as possible because i love to hunt, and i have killed a good amount of elk in my life, and i'm still excited standing over a 4x5 rag roosie, i don't need a big black horned crowned out 7X7 to feel successful, we are all at differewnt levels in different regions with different opportunities, so comparing ourselves to others has no real benefit, and life is just more enjoyable not worrying about what others are killing or where they get to hunt.

nice work on the big 9! that's awesome(y)

Cam needs to hunt something other private guided elk (and 1 grizzly and 1 sheep and texas ranch WT)

Lets see some diy dall/stone sheep, antelope, moose, caribou.

Looking at his home gym with that many elk mounts it looks boring as hell. I'd say his taxidermist is the real winner
he literally came up hunting public land, that's how he got popular, he really has nothing to prove, he has killed a pile of stuff on public, and a lot of his success was in very low success rate regions..... now he gets to go on hunts most of us will never get a chance to hunt, but imo, he earned the opportunities he has now.....

it wasn't that long ago he was filling tags on public land consistently in areas with single digit success rates, and it would be no different now.... the secret sauce on public land is working harder than the next guy, and that's kinda his thing

Yoder

WKR
In my mind Hanes was just an average dude and made it to be famous. Now he can hunt on expensive places and do whatever. But really Who cares. Good for him.

There are tons and tons of amazing hunters out there that no one even knows about. Doesn’t really mean squat.

I’m the youngest guy in colorado to kill the big 9 with a bow.( Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Black Bear, Mountain Lion, Bighorn sheep, Mountain Goat, Pronghorn, Mountain Lion, and Moose. )

All on public land. And I did it all myself with no guides. I’m not famous and don’t care to be famous. I’m no sponsored and don’t care to be sponsored. Guys like Cam can do what they do and it doesn’t bother me. Im a blue collar dude who has been very successful. But it doesn’t make me a better hunter than anyone else out there.
You sound pretty bad ass and could possibly be famous or at least make some extra money to hunt more. He made it by writing hunting articles and killing a bunch of stuff. You definitely got the killin stuff part nailed. All you need is a good Youtube channel and maybe some writing skills. I don't know how people do the Youtube thing. I just don't have any interest talking to a camera. I don't think I'm that interesting. You actually sound interesting. Killing all of those animals is a pretty huge accomplishment.

Listen to Cam on the Jocko podcast. Not about his bowhunting prowess and more about his grind and how he got to where he was.

FYI: He's on all of these podcasts to promote his book. It's the podcast book tour.

TheTone

WKR
0687B9F4-3A4E-4FCB-959E-DD42887E11FF.pngWhen you’re the ultimate predator you can’t be expected to maintain your hunting credibility hunting with the commoners on OTC tags

I think hunters would do themselves a great deal of service to largely stop looking at social media personalities as their hero’s. No amount of product you buy, likes, follows or promo codes is going to make them you’re friend or buddy. People would do well to understand that you are the currency they use to get sponsorship money for themselves and maintain the lifestyle that you aspire to have