Camofire Heads Up-shipping insurance fee scammy

In my industry once a package is handed to the shipper that package is no longer the responsibility of the seller. Other than possible improper packaging.
The buyer contracts the shipping of their choice. Once the seller hands the product to the buyers shipper, then the seller is done with the transaction.

I expect that’s about how it goes in most industries. Buyers pick and pay for the shipping of choice. Free shipping offered by sellers does seem to move that line though. If the seller contracts the shipping then it’s in them.

The news report of the LA train yard was interesting. Folks robbing cargo trains of all the packages.

When I ship USPS I put insurance on it. Seems them folks pay more attention when a package has insurance.

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
Camofire shipping is very slow to begin with and expensive. There’s a bunch of times their shipping cost will make one item more expensive then buying elsewhere

Lots of companies doing that. The real scam here is they claimed they shipped your order in 8 hours. Based on my experience, they’d be closer to 8 days than 8 hours. Maybe it wasn’t a lie, but it probably was.

Yep. Theyre a lot of things, but fast ain’t one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bozeman

WKR
If they ship your package and it doesn’t arrive do you complain they scammed you as well?

Trial153

WKR
I am not paying for insurance for an item that I don’t already even own and for that matter isn’t even in my possession. I am paying for a company to ship the item it’s incumbent on them to make sure I receive it.

I am not paying for insurance for an item that I don’t already even own and for that matter isn’t even in my possession. I am paying for a company to ship the item it’s incumbent on them to make sure I receive it.
Actually you owned it when you paid for it.
It there responsibility to package it, label it and had it to the shipper. Then its the shippers responsibility to move your product for you.
If it gets stole it your product. If its not protected that was your choice.

Camofire is great they get the products rite out the door. The problem is buyers are uninformed your not buying a premium shipping service when you buy the cheapest shipping or combined shipping. Anything that get transferred to "surepost" is slow as crap. If you want it faster pay for priority shipping.

Have you guys seen the Midway Usa scam they automatically round you up for a donation to the fin nra

Trial153

WKR
Actually you owned it when you paid for it.
It there responsibility to package it, label it and had it to the shipper. Then its the shippers responsibility to move your product for you.
If it gets stole it your product. If its not protected that was your choice.

Camofire is great they get the products rite out the door. The problem is buyers are uninformed your not buying a premium shipping service when you buy the cheapest shipping or combined shipping. Anything that get transferred to "surepost" is slow as crap. If you want it faster pay for priority shipping.

Have you guys seen the Midway Usa scam they automatically round you up for a donation to the fin nra

A five minute phone call to Amex and a can guarantee that I’m not paying for a product I never received. I am not paying for unnecessary insurance for items that I can easily afford to replace.

A five minute phone call to Amex and a can guarantee that I’m not paying for a product I never received. I am not paying for unnecessary insurance for items that I can easily afford to replace.
You're looking at this thru the eyes of an honest person.
Not a company or multiple companies that get attacked and scammed on the daily buy the victim culture society we've turned into.

I'm sure people get there stuff all the time and still claim it was stolen and need it again.

A couple days ago I placed an order on camofire without really being familiar with it and not noticing the fact that they by default add on a fee to insure your order. The fee can be deselected I came to find out but I didn't realize the fee even existed until after I got the receipt and saw the fee on there in that email. Anyway it was kind of my oversight that I got caught by that in the first place because I surely don't need that insurance and it does seem a little bit of a scam to me to have them automatically adding that so just beware if you're in a hurry and ordering on camofire that that gets snuck in there. Through emails with their customer service I got the fee removed and the insurance removed but that was a less than straightforward process because I was so bothered by the whole idea of what they did that I tried to cancel the order but was given the runaround until the point where I was told it was too late and it already shipped 8 hours later. Such is life but just hoping to save some people a few bucks but they more than likely don't need to spend.

It is not a scam. It's your job as the consumer to make sure everything looks right to you before you hit the "submit order" button.

Once your order hits the front porch, the merchant has fulfilled their obligation. It's too bad there are scumbag moochers trying to get an easy lunch based on your box sitting on your front porch.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
You're looking at this thru the eyes of an honest person.
Not a company or multiple companies that get attacked and scammed on the daily buy the victim culture society we've turned into.

I'm sure people get there stuff all the time and still claim it was stolen and need it again.

An honest person is the only eyes I have to look though. I am well funded, I have choices, there are amply retailers that would be happy for my business. I will not be forced into paying for a service I nether asked for nor need.

If I owned an e commerce company I'd just raise the price of everything and include it on every purchase. And priority would be the only shipping option.

The real scam would be actually trying to make a claim im sure. But almost every website is doing the click off insurance thing now.

To many bums out there.

Most places that you purchase from are already goingbto have insurance on the package.

It's not like the places that ship free are actually shipping for free.

Campfire is just stripping everything off the top to get the lowest price to the consumer, then the consumer complains about seeing the actual cost.

Pay for it one way or another.

Trial153

WKR
'Easily afford to replace', yet griping about a $1 insurance fee.......Ok..sure.

There isnt an item they sell that couldn’t afford to replace easily if needed. I haven’t gotten to this point in my life financially by paying for things that shouldn’t pay for.

An honest person is the only eyes I have to look though. I am well funded, I have choices, there are amply retailers that would be happy for my business. I will not be forced into paying for a service I nether asked for nor need.
Hey man I get it. If I got to stay in my local area and didn't travel for work, I'd probably have a much more Rosie idealistic outlook to.
But fact is when you travel you get to see alot of the discourse were turning into.
I turn a blind eye best I can so I don't get depressed about it. I vote, and vote with my dollars best I can.
But the more me, victim, don't want to work culture is rampant.

Trial153

WKR
Oh yes you will. You just don't know it...

I know the total cost of the purchase and I can compare that cost to any number of retailers total cost and make a decision based on that cost among other things, like their customer service and the company’s policy’s, for example this policy.

Not reflecting your businesses expenses by building them into your margins, and hence the price is stupid. If that took place then this discussion wouldn’t be happening.

I know the total cost of the purchase and I can compare that cost to any number of retailers total cost and make a decision based on that cost among other things, like their customer service and the company’s policy’s, for example this policy.

Not reflecting your businesses expenses by building them into your margins, and hence the price is stupid. If that took place then this discussion wouldn’t be happening.

That's adorable that you think that any retailer or service provider isn't building something into their price that you didn't want or ask for.

Price point of a retailer compared to the competition is irrelevant. They all build in operating costs....

Trial153

WKR
That's adorable that you think that any retailer or service provider isn't building something into their price that you didn't want or ask for.

Price point of a retailer compared to the competition is irrelevant. They all build in operating costs....

Bottom line is I am not paying to insure their end of the purchase. Until I am in possession of the product it’s not mine to insure. Your a sucker if you think otherwise.