can anyone tell me their first hand thoughts on the MBG Vengeance sight?

J-Daddy

WKR
What is your overall take on the Ambush Ascent? Did you stay with the standard base or go with one of the Dovetail bases for 3rd Axis adjustability?
I'm debating the Ambush Ascent vs. a 3 pin Ascent base / Vengeance Head.........

I like the Ambush so far, it's a lot nicer than their old single pin head. I have the 4" dovetail on both of mine so I could have some adjustments as far as length and the 3rd axis adjustments.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the Ambush so far, it's a lot nicer than their old single pin head. I have the 4" dovetail on both of mine so I could have some adjustments as far as length and the 3rd axis adjustments.
Thanks! I currently shoot a 5 pin MBG Rush and am looking to upgrade. A 3-pin slider style sight is my initial leaning, but I found a good deal on the Ambush and am debating it. The price is for the standard sight so I would need to get the 4" Dovetail. What is the street price for the 4" Dovetail?

I can't find these sights in stock locally and would like to better understand the differences in 3-pin heads. (Vengeance, Surge, Ascent) What are the pros and cons of each (specifically in terms of durability, ease of adjustment, and brightness)?

My biggest frustration with the Rush is adjusting the dang pins. Perhaps its just me, but adjusting them is a PITA. I debated this a while back and was leaning toward a custom sight: Ascent with 4" DT, 3-pin Vengeance Head, with rear sight tape. But the simplicity and light weight of the Ambush intrigue me....

Last edited:

J-Daddy

WKR
If you like a single pin the Ambush is a good option ... The Vengeance head is all micro adjust, gang and pins... Syrge head is just micro adjust pins...regular Ascent head has NO micro adjust at all. Of course there's a price difference in all of them... I'm a dealer if you need prices on them.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you like a single pin the Ambush is a good option ... The Vengeance head is all micro adjust, gang and pins... Syrge head is just micro adjust pins...regular Ascent head has NO micro adjust at all. Of course there's a price difference in all of them... I'm a dealer if you need prices on them.
Any idea on the weight differences in heads?