Cheap Stuff that Works

Hulions

FNG
Will someone pleases post a link to the Wrangler pants everyone is talking about?. I've looked on Amazon and the Walmart website and I'm not sure which ones to get. Thanks for the help!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mora knife, wrangler pants, bic lighter, ziplock bags, Rick young harness, my old pse bow, Russell synthetic base layers, slumber jack tent (too heavy to pack in but a solid value for truck camp).

jjh

FNG
Will someone pleases post a link to the Wrangler pants everyone is talking about?. I've looked on Amazon and the Walmart website and I'm not sure which ones to get. Thanks for the help!

They are not always in stock for shipping but I have found them at Walmart and Target under different names.
This is what I found at Walmart, Target, and Wrangler web sites as of today. The Wrangler web site currently has the most sizes available. Just make sure you look at the material, as they make a cotton version and you want to get the nylon/spandex.

Jherek

Lil-Rokslider
Rick Young Bino harness ~ $20-$25.

I have a milk crate full of bino harnesses. They all have good design ideas, but this one is just simple and works. I put the OEM lens caps back on and don't worry about the glass.

Any little items like wind-checker or flagging tape ride in my pocket.

I love my Rick Young bino harness! I still use my AGC if I'm on a hunt where I need extra protection Or extra gear. Other than what, or whitetail hunting My Rick Young is all I use.

For archers, third hand archery “hip clip” they are perhaps the most handy gadget I have owned. They are cheap and every archer needs one.

I have been contemplating making something kind of like this. Have you ever used it with a pack and bino harness on?

I need something to help carry my bow at the ready and am not convinced bow slings are the best option.

I have been contemplating making something kind of like this. Have you ever used it with a pack and bino harness on?

I need something to help carry my bow at the ready and am not convinced bow slings are the best option.
I always have a Bino harness on, and have a hip clip on my pack waist belt, it’s always there

mrgreen

WKR

When I use my FHF bino harness, I rig the hip clip underneath. This hold the bow while I use the binos.

One of the items I almost take for granted are ski straps. $5, weigh nothing and have hundreds of uses. I use them to compress rolled up down layers, rain gear and sleeping pads so theyre around when I need them. Quickly cinch your pants to your boots if you left the gaiters behind. Secure odd shaped loads etc. More uses pop up when things break.

HDwild

WKR
Got it (re:wrangler pants). I tend to search the literal phrase verbatim.

Here, our Walmart’s specialize in croc knockoffs, trailer roof cement, traps and cheap dog food.... not much for men’s clothing, let alone waist sizes sub 40” or without a drawstring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had to guess, I'd say you're referring to a Walmart in West Memphis, Arkansas or Missouri somewhere? hahaha

WCB

WKR
KINCO FROSTBREAKER FOAM LATEX FORM FITTING THERMAL GRIPPING GLOVE...I use these gloves basically through the whole season once it gets cold enough for gloves. About $4-$6 depending on where you buy them. I do have some KUIU mittens for really cold sitting still type stuff and also use generic wool fingered gloves which I think were only $15 or so. But 90% of the time I have these gloves on no matter what the temp.

Great for out west a bit of protection on your palm and finger for rocks and cactus. In snow and ice you can still grip stuff and generally they are warmer than any glove I have used that fit as well as these where I can still do stuff with them on. Just make sure if you get a glove similar to these they have the felty feeling inside otherwise your fingers will freeze

rcdinaz

FNG
These $10 VGO gloves on Amazon. They are tight which makes dexterity pretty good, waterproof, comfortable and the touch thing works... sometimes. Tougher than a $10 pair of gloves should be.