Chili Makin’ - Beans or No?

robtattoo

WKR
Oooh.... speaking of stew meat: I rarely buy meat, 99% of my meat is game, but substituting beef Carne Picada instead of ground is awesome.

Savage99

WKR
Bitter or dark ONLY. Sweet with F it up, IMO. Think a good Mexican red or black mole sauce. Any sugars should come from caramelization of the onions and tomatoes as it cooks down. Just my philosophy as I don't care for sweet chili. Some folks do.

Jeremy

My folks are here visiting and I mentioned the dark chocolate. Mom immediately recalled the Mexican restaurant in town we used to go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Afhunter1

WKR
I prefer no beans but my wife does 50/50 kidney and navy but what she does different is she uses ground beef, elk steak, and hot sausage for meats and it makes for a very flavor full chili.

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
All this chili talk today and the weather here, I just had to make a batch of elk chili. It was darn good too.

Poser

WKR
Man I hate beer in Chili. Even a weakly hopped beer like negro Modelo would wreck it for me. Love hops in beer, hate it in Chili. Like to try yours to see if a good Chili with beer is different than what I've had from others or made myself.

I don’t like high hops beer in general. I usually cook with German lagers, Miller High Life or Guinness.
Guinness stew is my favorite and id recommend starting there.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
LOL ya'll on here arguing about what chili is best but every recipe i seen posted using a chili packet to make the chili....COME ON MAN!!! ya'll r better than that