Chili Makin’ - Beans or No?

Oooh.... speaking of stew meat: I rarely buy meat, 99% of my meat is game, but substituting beef Carne Picada instead of ground is awesome.

Bitter or dark ONLY. Sweet with F it up, IMO. Think a good Mexican red or black mole sauce. Any sugars should come from caramelization of the onions and tomatoes as it cooks down. Just my philosophy as I don't care for sweet chili. Some folks do.

Jeremy

My folks are here visiting and I mentioned the dark chocolate. Mom immediately recalled the Mexican restaurant in town we used to go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer no beans but my wife does 50/50 kidney and navy but what she does different is she uses ground beef, elk steak, and hot sausage for meats and it makes for a very flavor full chili.

Man I hate beer in Chili. Even a weakly hopped beer like negro Modelo would wreck it for me. Love hops in beer, hate it in Chili. Like to try yours to see if a good Chili with beer is different than what I've had from others or made myself.

I don’t like high hops beer in general. I usually cook with German lagers, Miller High Life or Guinness.
Guinness stew is my favorite and id recommend starting there.

Back