Coffee While Hunting

Via unless car camping...then fresh brewed.

Day hunts I take Starbucks Double Shot Espresso. Caffeine is my drug of choice.

How much in coffee grounds for some
I do what i call cowboy coffee. Boil water in pot, dump in coffee grounds, turn power off, wait 30 seconds or so for grounds to settle, either add power milk and stir of if you are feeling fancy, slowly pour into cup leaving the grounds settled and add power milk there. Does it for me and is fairly simple and you don't need to lug around any single use gizmos or wrappers.

thing like a toaks pot?

Gobbler36

WKR
So if I dont drink coffee I will literally die, ok maybe not but Im not going to test it to find out. Anyhow, what does everyone do for coffe both around camp and out hunting during the day or backpacking?
Im trying to weigh my options between percolator or coffee press at camp. Then take a heavy thermos with me during the day or to take a jetboil and instant coffee while out. What works for everybody else?

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
Honestly i love coffee as well but for hunting i hate it, makes me have to shit and takes time to boil water. I would recommend wilderness athlete energy packet or some kind of similar pattern you can mix quickly in the morning.

After drinking coffee for 40+ years, I made the switch to tea.

The health benefits of tea outweigh coffee by a long shot.
Tea is also fantastic at hydrating the body and replenishing your fluid intake.

I started drinking tea a couple years ago when i was out at sea for a couple months and ran out of coffee. Now i drink tea every day, and only rarely have a cup of coffee. Tea is a lot easier to deal with in the woods than coffee is, which is an added bonus.

JoeDirt

WKR
I car camp a lot, just use a stove to boil water and a Stanley french press. Then I drink out of my 40oz Hydro Flask.

Dinger

WKR
Fresh grind and expresso...anything else you may as well drink dishwater!

My Nanopresso delivers what's needed.

On a hunt, I drink coffee in the morning and that's it. One cup and I'm out of camp. My coffee criteria in order of importance:
1. It has to be small and weigh nothing.
2. It has to be fast and dumb simple.
3. It has to taste decent. I don't care about gourmet.
4. Cleanup and trash has to be absolutely minimal.

And with that, you already know what I'm drinking. Same thing for the past decade. Nothing has ever come close to getting me away from Starbucks VIA.

ODB

WKR
On a hunt, I drink coffee in the morning and that's it. One cup and I'm out of camp. My coffee criteria in order of importance:
1. It has to be small and weigh nothing.
2. It has to be fast and dumb simple.
3. It has to taste decent. I don't care about gourmet.
4. Cleanup and trash has to be absolutely minimal.

And with that, you already know what I'm drinking. Same thing for the past decade. Nothing has ever come close to getting me away from Starbucks VIA.

You need to try Trader Joe’s.

It’s cheaper than Starbucks
It’s better than Starbucks

Cheaper at the register, but the nearest TJ's is over 100 miles from my home and they don't sell online.

Better? I'm always willing to try....but taste is subjective. A lot of people don't like Starbucks coffees but I actually prefer them to others I've tried.

fatlander

WKR
No Doze. It's just caffeine. If you don't have the time or will to brew coffee it'll keep the withdrawals away and give you the pep you want.

Trial153

WKR
I am going to try the trader Joe's. I dont use sugar but I do use creamer. If i can carry one thing instead of two I can probbly live with the sugar in my coffee in the mornings of hunts

Fill some old cope cans with Folgers Columbian. In the morning or when in a hurry pop it in like a dip. Quick easy and light. This typically gets me started. Mid morning break it is the Jetboil and cowboy coffee.

If I'm trying to go stupid light I just pop NoDoze.

If some comforts are allowed I just tried Dark Timber coffee and I like their Gravity Packs. Downside: you need one cup to boil and one to pour into. The Ascend (tea bag) packets avoid this issue.

If car camping I pour over whatever I like, use a collapsible silicon thing to hold the filter.