Coffee While Hunting

With regards to prebrewing, it’s certainly viable. But I wouldn’t use standard hot brewing methods. I’d guess the particulates floating around the finished brew will continue to flavor the coffee, embittering it. This would likely be magnified when using something like a French press, my daily preferred. I’d recommend cold brewing, after all, you’re drinking it cold anyway.

efnm

WKR
Just tried black rifle coffee instant this weekend and it's good, I prefer it to starbucks.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I was the opposite - it tasted barely better than folgers as much as I was hoping it would win out over Vias.

Alegault

Lil-Rokslider
I did little bags of Nescafé for a while...didn’t hate it. I do via now just for the convenience. Flavor wise, I don’t really notice. Any hot half decent coffee is like magic on a cool morning.

BearGut

WKR
I do what i call cowboy coffee. Boil water in pot, dump in coffee grounds, turn power off, wait 30 seconds or so for grounds to settle, either add power milk and stir of if you are feeling fancy, slowly pour into cup leaving the grounds settled and add power milk there. Does it for me and is fairly simple and you don't need to lug around any single use gizmos or wrappers.
+1 for this method. I usually let the coffee sit for about 5-10min like in a press, throw a splash of cold water into it and all the grounds will settle to the bottom. Damn fine cup of mud.

Check out the MIIR Pourigami. Folds flat, in your pocket flat . Add a filter, and grounds and pour through. Watch the youtube by a woman named Sam Spillman. She shows how to use it for an awesome cup of joe.

Is Black Rifle really all it’s hyped up to be or is just a huge meme like Yetis and Traegers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt Baker Mocha made by Dark Timber...it is outstanding. I love hot chocolate and coffee anyways and this is just a great way to start your day in the mountains. Far better than the other instants that I have tried

TreGrizz

FNG
Search Cowboy Coffee on youtube, you're looking for a video by Kent Rowlings. This is the way to do coffee.

Trial153

WKR
I just put in a big order at DarknTimber Coffee, seen that they are a 2% member. Nice to do business with companies that support conservation

SniperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
i drink gatorade and water.

i dont like coffee nor do i like chocolate so thats the only reason i dont drink that

i find it hard to eat/drink in a stand as i cant seem to find enough room to do so. only time i really take time to eat/drink is when im in a box tree stand

Via Veranda blend is the way to go. It has the most caffeine out of all of the via's and it doesn't taste nearly as burnt.

JWP58

WKR
The only real reason I carry some folgers instant bags is if I get stopped up. It works for that. Caffeine comes from other sources.

SniperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
i've read a bunch of articles claiming the deer will smell the coffee on you even if you drank it before you went out. I don't doubt it's true, but I can't live without some caffeine. I do sometimes drink an energy drink because it's a little easier and quicker. But I put the drink in a thermos. Don't want to "pop the top" in the woods. Hunting's funny. I know smokers who kill big deer...

Mt Baker Mocha made by Dark Timber...it is outstanding. I love hot chocolate and coffee anyways and this is just a great way to start your day in the mountains. Far better than the other instants that I have tried
Is that their only "pour in" style coffee they offer? Looks like the other ones are meant to be used with filters but I could be wrong.

i've read a bunch of articles claiming the deer will smell the coffee on you even if you drank it before you went out. I don't doubt it's true, but I can't live without some caffeine. I do sometimes drink an energy drink because it's a little easier and quicker. But I put the drink in a thermos. Don't want to "pop the top" in the woods. Hunting's funny. I know smokers who kill big deer...

How do those articles go? Deer smell your dirty human ass, the synthetics on your gear, the oil and cleaning solvents on your weapon, the faintest detergent on any of your clothes, then they smell that darned coffee and run 100 miles the opposite direction? I'll keep drinking my coffee.