Colorado 3rd season...

Instead of piggybacking off Justin's thread I decided to start my own.

Started off today driving down to Lewiston Idaho to my partners place. Since he has a family and a little girl they did the Halloween thing and we weren't able to start gearing up till around 9:30pm. Just finished! Instead of trying to sleep for 2 hours we're about to hit the road. Got the HCA DODGE loaded to the gills but I think we're ready! Going to grab some coffee and take shifts in driving. Got some cigars and good tunes plus a book on my iPod if we want it.

We're planning on hunting Saturday through the following Sunday. Been planning this trip for better part of a year. Not a very popular unit but it's got potential. It'll be our first time there and we're going with a game plan that includes hunting hard and having a good time! Got a wall tent setup as well as our backpacking setup to hit a few high basins we're interested in during the week.

I'll likely only get an update in once a day so this will likely be a pretty boring thread. Won't be able to post pics from my good camera only my phone so I'll apologize now.

Stay tuned!

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Thanks! It's going to be a good week! :)

Mike

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383301259341.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383301259341.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 214

coOverwatch

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Mike, where you going to be. I too am getting ready to head out for 3rd season. had a few opportunities during 2 on a few bulls but could not close the deal. now it is Cow time. I will be down in the grand mesa area by myself till Thursday when two others are suppose to show up.

OP
HellsCanyon
Hey Mike, where you going to be. I too am getting ready to head out for 3rd season. had a few opportunities during 2 on a few bulls but could not close the deal. now it is Cow time. I will be down in the grand mesa area by myself till Thursday when two others are suppose to show up.

We'll be up quite a bit North of you!
Good luck on your hunt!

We're just about to Boise ourselves...
Mike

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383318978509.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383318978509.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 135
OP
HellsCanyon
Apparently 1.5 hours of sleep makes us look stoned. She said she was calling the K9 dog to sniff the pickup but changed her mind apparently. :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383328059153.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383328059153.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 173
OP
HellsCanyon
Haha perfect! She asked if we had any marijuana on us, Al said "no but I got 4 unopened beers back there and a bottle of rum..." to which I added "ma'am we're just rollin ATF style, alcohol, tobacco and firearms but no drugs..." :)

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
So if you guys get a chance to eat at the Wendy's in Brigham city.... pass! Felt like I was on the hills have eyes! :eek: