Colorado Partners

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I don't see how you can cover 2 to 4 miles in mountainous terrain and not be able to run 10 minute mile which is not difficult.
The only time I run during the year is while elk hunting. That can be short bursts or prolonged chasing of a herd. That may be a mile, that may be three miles. But timed? I don't think so. Actually running a timed 10 min mile on flat ground? Who knows? I'm not a big runner, I hate pounding pavement. But I've never really had any issues while hunting. Doesn't really matter because I'm out. I'm a bowhunter, and generally hunt solo.

fatlander

WKR
I couldn’t imagine going on a backcountry hunt, sight unseen with someone. Hunting partnerships are sort of like relationships. You need to at least go on a few dates before you decide do a week away together.

I’ve got some great friends that I absolutely wouldn’t hunt with on a back country elk hunt. I’ve been camping with them during the summer, and I know they don’t have what it takes to grind through a hunt. However, if you just talked to them, you’d think they climbed Everest in their free time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Did the OP change his screen name? I see quotes from grhodes29 and the exact same quote from GCMan.......which is now the OP screen name??????

BDRam16

WKR
The fact that you think 10 minute miles equates to mountain fitness is an issue. I agree a 10 minute mile is achievable for most, but it has zero to do with overall fitness or your ability in the mountains. Eliud Kipchoge runs a marathon in 2 hours but I bet you he couldn’t even lift a pack with an elk ham in it. You’re allowed to have criteria, but your priorities seem to be misplaced.

tracker12

WKR
Consider going to another site and staring over. Suggestion on your post:

Looking to do my first elk hunt this coming fall in Colorado. I live in the Mid-west and have ? years experience hunting whitetails. I am looking for a mentor that can help me learn how to hunt these great animals. Will listen and learn to what it takes to be successful. Willing to pitch in for all expenses, help with all camp duties and what ever it takes to make the hunt successful. I consider myself in good shape and capable of pack in hunts if thats what it demands. PM me if you have room in your camp.

I post this not to be a smart a$$ but as a serious suggestion. You're be way more successful in the long run if someone shows you the way in the beginning.

packer58

WKR
Consider going to another site and staring over. Suggestion on your post:

Looking to do my first elk hunt this coming fall in Colorado. I live in the Mid-west and have ? years experience hunting whitetails. I am looking for a mentor that can help me learn how to hunt these great animals. Will listen and learn to what it takes to be successful. Willing to pitch in for all expenses, help with all camp duties and what ever it takes to make the hunt successful. I consider myself in good shape and capable of pack in hunts if thats what it demands. PM me if you have room in your camp.

I post this not to be a smart a$$ but as a serious suggestion. You're be way more successful in the long run if someone shows you the way in the beginning.
Damn.....If you can cook and warm up my sleeping bag before I get in it here's my number 6584312586328 :ROFLMAO:

Did the OP change his screen name? I see quotes from grhodes29 and the exact same quote from GCMan.......which is now the OP screen name??????

I’m only seeing that the criteria has been changed.

The OP reads like a crappy job position, working for a crappy boss and you don’t get paid.

3forks

WKR
Maybe…

looks like whoever grhodes29 is gets his hunting inspiration from Randy Newberg and the Hushin Firebull vid.

Can Randy or any of the Hushin guys run a 10 minute mile? If the Hushin crew could - pretty sure their Axe body spray would keep them from smelling like they even broke a sweat while doing it.

Gerbdog

WKR
Need a sub section on this website for hookups , or i need to make my millions with a hunters dating app. Fill out your profile and what your looking for.... swipe right.....

I can run a mile for you in under 10 minutes.... where i hunt i guess maybe the cardio translates? But honestly if i moved any faster then a walk in the area i hunt i'd probably break my leg on a deadfall while puncturing my lung on the deadfall next to it.....

I get it though... i've lost friends hunting back country.... and i've had friends quit after day 1

h2so4

WKR
I can do a 9:20mi, my Grace time is 4:37 (Rx, of course), I also enjoy long hikes up the side of a mountain while keeping a positive & optimistic attitude. I do come with my faults, I'm kinda slow at getting my boots set for the day and seem to drink more water than my buddies.
swipe right?

Quadzilla32

Lil-Rokslider
I can do a 9:20mi, my Grace time is 4:37 (Rx, of course), I also enjoy long hikes up the side of a mountain while keeping a positive & optimistic attitude. I do come with my faults, I'm kinda slow at getting my boots set for the day and seem to drink more water than my buddies.
swipe right?
Sound like a dream boat

Huntin_GI

WKR
swipe right?
Are you me?

h2so4

WKR
Are you me?
iu