Colorado Partners

Maverick1

WKR
I'd like a good hunting partner for western hunting.

These are my personal criteria.
1) you have been on a solo big game hunt. I am social but it's not a requirement when I hunt. I hunt solo a lot. I spend the day hunting not around the campfire.
2) you're in good shape. how to measure that? can hike 3-5 miles a day in the mountains. Can you haul elk out with a backpack.
3) you don't mind 2 or 3 day away for the vehicle and tent camping away from the road.

I am thinking southern Colorado Elk early season Oct. 16 -20, 2022. I have 1 pp.
I hunt MO and IA Whitetail and Colorado mule deer. Ready for an Elk hunt.
Keep after it, you might find someone that aligns well with you, your goals, your capabilities, and your interests.

I went with another couple of guys for my first couple of elk hunts. While they enjoy hunting, and we collectively remain friends to this day, we were not aligned on several levels when it came to elk hunting day after day in the mountains (physical, dedication, drive, etc.). That was nearly twenty years ago. Been going solo ever since. Would like to have a partner, at times, but I actually prefer solo at this point.

Good luck with your search! Hope you find someone! Maybe here on Rokslide!

BDRam16

WKR
That sir is then a sandwich if it tears

To take this further.... it is a sandwich if you must hold the layers together where as a taco you could support it from the top without pressing it together.
The wife and I play “soup or sandwich.” Every food item you ever consume has to be broken down into one of those two categories.

WTFJohn

WKR
It tastes better when you work for it.

They taste just as good coming out in the bucket on the tractor as they do a backpack, and I can do well under a 10 minute mile with a whole elk (which is way, way cooler than running any distance with no weight).

Also, would a bread bowl filled with soup be a soup sandwich? Can we get a chef or a subway worker to weigh in?

Vandy321

WKR
They taste just as good coming out in the bucket on the tractor as they do a backpack, and I can do well under a 10 minute mile with a whole elk (which is way, way cooler than running any distance with no weight).

Also, would a bread bowl filled with soup be a soup sandwich? Can we get a chef or a subway worker to weigh in?
Wait one second... it's soup AND a sandwich? A soup sandwich!?

Screenshot_20220131-145707_DuckDuckGo.jpg

BDRam16

WKR

She said it would be a soupwich

BDRam16

WKR
What is an Uncrustable? It’s two pieces of bread ravioli’d together along the seam basically making it one piece of bread.