Colorado sheep and goat credit card hits?

bat-cave

WKR
CB is like driving to the top of Mount Evans and shooting a goat in front of the masses. Why? What did you get out of that?

Congrats to all, some great tags! S32 might not be what it once was, but it's still a unit with alot of sheep and will challenge you as an archer! Awesome tag. Make sure you step on the scale before an after that hunt! One thing is for sure, you won't be a "Fat american" if you give it your all!

Good luck to all, and hopefully we will see some guys standing in an avalanche slide alongside a crusher ram.
I respectfully disagree with your perspective on CB. I had an amazing experience in CB and it was nothing like your description. I was concerned after seeing comments like yours and while some may have had a negative experience, I had an amazing time and worked my tail off to harvest my goat. Yes, some people do shoot goats in camping areas etc ... I never had the opportunity to do this and would not have had the opportunity presented itself. Similarly people talk about goats at Twin Lakes coming up to hikers ... we avoided the area as it wasn't the experience we were looking for. It's what you make of it and as others have posted some years ... some hunters don't even see goats in CB.

I respectfully disagree with your perspective on CB. I had an amazing experience in CB and it was nothing like your description. I was concerned after seeing comments like yours and while some may have had a negative experience, I had an amazing time and worked my tail off to harvest my goat. Yes, some people do shoot goats in camping areas etc ... I never had the opportunity to do this and would not have had the opportunity presented itself. Similarly people talk about goats at Twin Lakes coming up to hikers ... we avoided the area as it wasn't the experience we were looking for. It's what you make of it and as others have posted some years ... some hunters don't even see goats in CB.

Good for you! I’m glad you “hunted” . No disrespect intended, it’s just the vast majority don’t do as you did, they go up there shoot a nanny, licking their boots from the hike up the day before and call goat hunting a joke when they’re basing it on The CB “campground”

ckleeves

WKR
Fair point, I apologize if my reply came across as accusatory. My point was more than after I drew last year, I heard lots of feedback to the effect of "You won't kill a Billy in CB". My point was more it's never all or nothing and if you are willing to accept a Nanny even though we all want a Billy, CB is an amazing place and you never know what might happen ... it's hunting after all.

I would suggest that anyone hunting CB bring a set of pink leotards as the goats don't mind them, but camo sure turns them off. :cool:
Sorry for the way I came across. I think everybody has a different idea of what Chicago basin encompasses. One person can say “no Billys in CB” and another can say “tons of billys in CB” and neither are wrong it just depends on what each person is calling CB. Needle Creek is a massive drainage and includes some horrific terrain.

The other thing with G5 is the goats have dispersed over the years. If you talk to a guy who hunted it in 2010 then the info he gives isn’t going to reflect what’s going on today.

No matter what it’s a amazing unit. When I’m back in the draw I’ll probably apply for a different unit just because I would love some of my buddies to get to experience it.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
Ram 32 archery here. Just got off stationary bike lol. Killed one in there back in 1999. See if I can do it again with grey hair.
congrats on your tag! Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society can be a great resource for previous hunters. Consider joining knowing we are the organization with the mission to “…put more sheep on the mountain”.

Also keep an eye out for our upcoming Sheep and Goat hunter meet and greet and orientation. We will bring guys who have hunted your unit for you to visit and go over maps with. To be finalized but probably July 9th in Denver area. Last year we had a great and large group of previous and current tag holders going over maps and strategies including for your unit.

Also, our annual Rendezvous is on June 10&11. Join the org and sign up to attend. There will be hundreds of experienced sheep hunters, almost certainly some who know your unit on hand to network with to help you start planning scouting and hunting.

Good Luck!

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
+ 1 for Archery Ram S12! Mtn Goat last year and Sheep this year!
congrats on your tag! Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society can be a great resource for previous hunters. Consider joining knowing we are the organization with the mission to “…put more sheep on the mountain”.

Also keep an eye out for our upcoming Sheep and Goat hunter meet and greet and orientation. We will bring guys who have hunted your unit for you to visit and go over maps with. To be finalized but probably July 9th in Denver area. Last year we had a great and large group of previous and current tag holders going over maps and strategies including for your unit.

Also, our annual Rendezvous is on June 10&11. Join the org and sign up to attend. There will be hundreds of experienced sheep hunters, almost certainly some who know your unit on hand to network with to help you start planning scouting and hunting.

Good Luck!

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
I pulled an archery ewe tag in S32! 1st sheep tag ever! I can't believe it!

Good Luck!

Good Luck!

I payed up and joined! I look forward to the meet and greet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bat-cave

WKR

Good Luck!

I am an RMBS member and just renewed! I went to the Meet & greet Last year and it was helpful. Sadly I won't make it this year if it's on the 9th as that's TAC in Glenwood Springs!

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
I am an RMBS member and just renewed! I went to the Meet & greet Last year and it was helpful. Sadly I won't make it this year if it's on the 9th as that's TAC in Glenwood Springs!
What is TAC?

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats again to the lucky tag holders!!

Lucky Sheep and goat tag holders should join us at the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society Sheep and Goat hunter Meet and Greet on July 9.

2022 Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society
Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Hunter Meet & Greet
When
: July 9. 2022. 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Where: 1 Shot Gear, 16190 S Golden Rd Unit A, Golden, CO 80401

Join us for a day of visiting with fellow sheep and goat hunters! Talk strategy, look
at your maps, and meet hunters who have drawn this year and in the past! Food
trucks will be on site and we will provide free beverages. Bring some cash for a
chance at some great raffle prizes.

Please RSVP by completing the form on our website. Include the unit you drew so
that we can make every effort to have someone there with experience.

Kirby Wynn
RMBS Board member
550EBBD6-9241-4BAB-ADAC-01C796C80012.jpegF6A7944E-D5EC-4EBA-886B-04A4F2304CDB.jpeg

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
Total Archery Challenge ... awesome event for any archer that wants to get some great challenging practice time in up in the hills!
Have you been scouting rams in 12? I'm headed there tomorrow for 4 days, last chance I'll have to scout before the opener.

TAC at Sunlight was fun...I live 10 minutes from there. I wish I would have read this thread earlier, it would have been good to meet you before the season opens!

bat-cave

WKR
Have you been scouting rams in 12? I'm headed there tomorrow for 4 days, last chance I'll have to scout before the opener.

TAC at Sunlight was fun...I live 10 minutes from there. I wish I would have read this thread earlier, it would have been good to meet you before the season opens!
I haven't spent as much time as I wanted to, but 4 days invested at this point. I plan to hunt the opening week at this point and play it be ear. My name is Dave, you may see my Grey Raptor on the roadside - Best of luck!

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't spent as much time as I wanted to, but 4 days invested at this point. I plan to hunt the opening week at this point and play it be ear. My name is Dave, you may see my Grey Raptor on the roadside - Best of luck!
Nice to pseudo meet you, Dave. I'm Tyler. Black GMC Sierra with a topper if you see me.

I plan to hunt opening week as well. It's such a beautiful unit. I've really enjoyed scouting up there, minus the biblical amount of bugs this year. Better than smoke though!

Best of luck to you as well!