Component shortage coming again?

eoperator

WKR
Lgs owner says vista group released a message of ammo/component shortage coming due to world events. Hopefully hornady can pick up some slack.

Screenshot_20231222_090158_Chrome.jpg

TaperPin

WKR
The only upside to a big war in Ukraine is after it’s over there will probably be excess capacity and prices will come down, and maybe there will be some surplus powder for cheap.

The bad news is it might take 20 years for that to happen, and there’s no reason why Russian expansion will end with Ukraine. Puttin sees the reunification of the old Soviet Union as his legacy and has acted accordingly. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if the next generation will fight Russia in Europe, so anyone supporting Puttin right now can kiss my ass.

Gila

WKR
Thanks for the heads up….a little over a year or two ago, primers, brass, bullets and powder were very hard to come by. I really don’t care to buy powder at $55 - 60 a pound but better than not having it. I stocked up on all of the powders that I use today. RS magnum is difficult to obtain right now but MagPro or StaBall HD are good substitutes. I now have plenty of these powders:

RS Magnum
RS Hunter
H4350
Retumbo

Gila

WKR
The only upside to a big war in Ukraine is after it’s over there will probably be excess capacity and prices will come down, and maybe there will be some surplus powder for cheap.

The bad news is it might take 20 years for that to happen, and there’s no reason why Russian expansion will end with Ukraine. Puttin sees the reunification of the old Soviet Union as his legacy and has acted accordingly. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if the next generation will fight Russia in Europe, so anyone supporting Puttin right now can kiss my ass.
Ukraine and NATO are running low on artillery shells and small arms ammo.

Juan_ID

WKR
Natchez has free hazmat today, just dropped $600 on powder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was that the most expensive 8lbs you’ve ever bought?? Kidding but this news of an other price hike doesn’t surprise me. I should have enough to last me a few years and I’ve been looking for an excuse to archery hunt more anyways so 🤷‍♂️

wyosam

WKR
Would be a brilliant business move- make statement to start a run on components that haven’t recovered fully from the last shortage/price spikes. Creates empty shelves again, sets up for the next round of big price spikes. World events are a big part of it, but the announcement also adds velocity to the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rootacres

WKR
Well Vista entered a purchase agreement with a Czech defense manufacturing company. . . . So who knows how this is going to go.

Dented

WKR
There's another election on the horizon. Every 4 years there's a run on supplies, ammo, guns. This isn't news.

*Zap* nailed it. Anyone that isn't stocked up is a slow learner.

My wife’s 80 year old aunt finally got fired from Walmart.

You’ll all be pleased to know that the old bitch won’t be buying all the .22 shells that her old claws can grab before they hit the shelves no mo!

That old hag hasn’t fired a gun in her life and has 20,000 rounds of .22 ammo in her basement. I shit you not.

I am certain that there are people working at sporting goods stores that are preventing primers from hitting the shelves.

And then either hoarding them or selling them on GunBroker for at least a 50% markup.

OP
E

eoperator

WKR
You’ll all be pleased to know that the old bitch won’t be buying all the .22 shells that her old claws can grab before they hit the shelves no mo!

A guy I work with occasionally had to leave work early one day. The next day I asked why he had to leave early his response was, "shipping truck dropped off a pallet of 22lr I had to unload it with my skidsteer". Crazy ass bought 100k of his favorite target ammo so he doesn't run out.