Conquest HD Bino Adapter?

OP
Rizzy

Rizzy

WKR
Still working great for me! I have about 3 trips on them so far.

I sent a message to Zeiss and this is what I got back:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry to Carl Zeiss.

As far as I know the cap just pops off. It might be glued. There is, again, as far as I know, no thread under there. CAUTION. Tapping the center of the hinge on the CONQUEST HDs will void your warranty, for sure, and may lead (will likely lead) to catastrophic failure of the hinge. If we could have put a thread in there, we would have.

Pretty much what I would expect from a large corporation;)
We don't know, we don't care enough to find out, and if you do anything to improve our product then shame on you....lol

Attachments

• IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 24

wapitibob

WKR
Both my Leica's were tapped under the cap.
I just grabbed the needle nosed pliers and went for it but the adapter was specific for both my models so I was confident.

OP
Rizzy

Rizzy

WKR
I would imagine some of the optics components all come from the same factory in China regardless of the optics manufacture. Makes sense that all the center posts would probably be the same, especially the large companies like Nikon, Leica, Ziess, etc. 1/4 20 seems to be the standard thread on a lot of them.

I'm hesitant to post a DIY thread on how to do this because it does supposedly void the warranty. If a guy where to glue the cap back on, no one would be the wiser ;)

However I will say if you have the tools, skills, and confidence, its an easy mod that will save you some cash. The outdoorsmans is a good piece if you can afford it.

Gman

WKR
Both my Leica's were tapped under the cap.
I just grabbed the needle nosed pliers and went for it but the adapter was specific for both my models so I was confident.

I use the Outdoorsman's adapter on my Leica's. I had to pry the plastic cap off which made my heart hurt. I did destroy the cap in the process but Leica sent me one with one quick email. Under my cap it is not threaded. The outdoorsman's slips over a flange of sorts and then uses 3 small allen screws to secure the post to the binos (sort of like a christmas tree stand). Not sure if this is how the Zeiss works but there you go. I also felt the Outdoorsman's was too expensive but I finally just bit the bullet and I've never regretted it. The clamp style that they sell for the Zeiss is very nice and you can't go wrong with that option after you get over the price.