Countertops

Drenalin

WKR
These are concrete countertops I did myself in my last house. Quickrete and Sakrete both make concrete dyes. I did mine charcoal and they came out black.

I formed and poured mine in place which I will never do again. I would template and pour them on saw horses or the ground and move them into the kitchen. If you have any questions about the process send me a PM.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
80dceb50f098ec3623d2bab91a84d4bf.jpg
Lol, every time I add integral color to concrete it comes out too light. Nice DIY job on those tops.

grfox92

WKR
Lol, every time I add integral color to concrete it comes out too light. Nice DIY job on those tops.
Believe it or not the color was charcoal gray. I added the amount specified in the package and they turned out jet black. Opposite problem for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Btaylor

WKR
714ddc555c1319b6a54e27275401de98.jpg

Went right over the top of the old laminate with 1/4” thick TnG pine from Lowes and used bar top epoxy over that. Super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffP_Or

WKR
So just to be perfectly clear, This fall you will be getting a completely new kitchen countertops and cabinets. You're just looking to update your existing countertops until that happens correct?
If what grfox92 says is true - and it appears to be, I hate to be the guy that tells you but this seems like a colossal waste of time and money; easy or not. I know everyone wants to make the wife happy but this makes zero sense - paint a room or clean the basement to keep you busy [and her happy] if that is what it takes - anything productive. Spring is a good time to clean the yard and put in a nice garden or deck - something that adds to the house and it's value.

Carry on.

AZ8

WKR
If what grfox92 says is true - and it appears to be, I hate to be the guy that tells you but this seems like a colossal waste of time and money; easy or not. I know everyone wants to make the wife happy but this makes zero sense - paint a room or clean the basement to keep you busy [and her happy] if that is what it takes - anything productive. Spring is a good time to clean the yard and put in a nice garden or deck - something that adds to the house and it's value.

Carry on.
Yeah, after the OP clarified that in 5 months, they’ll be getting a new kitchen with countertops, it makes no sense to do anything to that kitchen.