Crispi Idaho

Twiser13

FNG
Hello everyone. Just bought a pair of Idaho's last week. Its my first high end boot buy. Defiantly a stiff well built boot. Went on two short hikes last 2 days and they really hurt my heels. My question is will these boots break in much to help with this? Or should I invest in a quality insole for them?
Thanks for your feedback.

They will break in and a quality insole will really help. It helped me a lot to get the outside of my boots wet and do some walking. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBHasler

WKR
I bought superfeet insoles for my Crispis immediately but depending on where your real issue is, this may not help this issue.
If the pain is coming from higher up around the back of your heel, it may be more of a fitment issue.
Mine were pretty comfy on long hikes with weight immediately out of the box, my only issue was hot spots and their factory insoles.
I’d call Crispi or the retailer you purchased through and chat with them about the specifics and get some advice from them.
Everybody’s feet and fit are different and this may work itself out over time. Best of luck and hope they work out - they’ve been great boots for me.

Can you be more specific on the hurt?
Hot spots, toes , arches etc?

Pretty much have to buy insoles for anything these days, they build the house you have to decorate the inside.

MtnMuley

WKR
I bought and broke in a pair of Idaho's a couple years back. Mine definately took a few miles to "break in". My soreness wasn't from the ankles, but above the ankles and I really noticed it when I was covering ground in a hurry. I'd originally purchased the boot thinking they looked like a boot that wouldn't need much of a break in, but I was wrong. They took as much time as any pair I've tried.

OP
T

Twiser13

FNG
Thanks for the quick responses. When I say "hurt my heel". It's like the heel portion of boot is harder than any other boot I've ever worn before. As for fitment they seem spot on. Only 4 miles on them so far but feet don't move and obviously awesome support. Will start shopping for insoles and continue breakin process.Thanks again

I run mine with superfeet green insoles.

I can’t recall mine needing a lot of break in. I have done the wet thing on other boots. Might help. Soak in cold water for a couple of hours. Walk them until they are thoroughly dry.

Gobspur

FNG
I put superfeet in mine when I first bought them. Put 50-75 miles on them with a 40 lb pack over the summer, in "hilly" midwest terrain. No issues at all, they felt perfect.

4 miles up the mountain in Colorado that fall, and my heels were shredded. Luckily had spare boots in truck.

Like someone else said, might be a fitment issue. I tried everything with lacing and have basically concluded theyre a half size too big. Hope you get them to work for you cause they are a great boot.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
Just speaking from my personal experience, but ANY insole will help. Two years ago day 2 off a hunt mid-day I had it and I took factory insoles out of my Sacony every day wear around (retired running) shoes and that made all the difference. I think Crispi design team spends all the budget and time coming up with a great product, then just toss whatever’s laying around in for an insole..

madtom

FNG
Agreed on the insoles. I’d change them out immediately. That made all the difference to me and I love my Idahos now.

NorCalFD

FNG
I had issues with the Idaho’s as well. The insoles helped but found that the toe box was too big for my foot. Went with the Briksdal’s and haven’t looked back. Also, the rubber portions of Idaho started breaking down/cracking through after just 1 season.

Slim Jim

WKR
I put superfeet insoles in every pair of boots I’ve ever bought. The couple of problems I had with the Idaho’s and Wyoming’s were squeaky laces (not good for bow hunting) and gortex leaked during first season in them. The fit though of Crispis are far better than any other pair of boots I’ve ever owned. Really looking forward to the new Colorado’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now obviously everyone’s foot is different, but what insoles are you guys using? Thinking of going with the orange superfeet for the added cushion, but maybe the greens would be a better choice?

OP
T

Twiser13

FNG
Just ordered some superfeet green isoles to try. Thanks for all the responses.

Jimss

WKR
Everyone's feet are a little different. I gut the insoles in my boots and replace them with super padded insoles. Unfortunately all of the Superfeet I've tried don't offer enough padding.

Mike 338

WKR
I put superfeet in mine when I first bought them. Put 50-75 miles on them with a 40 lb pack over the summer, in "hilly" midwest terrain. No issues at all, they felt perfect.

4 miles up the mountain in Colorado that fall, and my heels were shredded. Luckily had spare boots in truck.

Like someone else said, might be a fitment issue. I tried everything with lacing and have basically concluded theyre a half size too big. Hope you get them to work for you cause they are a great boot.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I have the same issue with Kennetrek's. Great boot but get shredded heels in the steeps. Preventative moleskin on the heels mostly alleviates the problem. Just gotta remember to put it on "before" I get the blisters.