Need help with insoles

fellerr

Lil-Rokslider
I need some advice for boot inserts. Bought a new pair of crispis last year…June 22 to be exact…1 year in and the sole is shot. Not so much the boots fault, but me walking on the outside of my feet. The outer part of the sole is worn smooth.

Crispi is the only top end boot i have experience with, and spending $275 for boots was crazy to me, but worth it for comfort and (what I thought would be) longevity.

Before i spend that much on a boot again…anyone have the same issue or recommend an insole to help correct the issue?

sacklunch

WKR
An insole alone won’t correct a supinated gate…it can help support your foot a bit more with an under/overpronation, wont address the root cause, aka, change how your gate. You can work on it though, much like runners can learn to not heal strike as much.

For insoles, I’ve been really happy with my sheepfeet in my crispis

Last edited:

Baller

FNG
Sheepsfeet for insoles and send boots back to Crispi and have new soles sewn on. No need for new boots.

OP
fellerr

fellerr

Lil-Rokslider
Not real sure on miles…wear them as my main everyday shoe. Alternate between two pair.

$130/pair to resole. Going to go that route 👍

As far as the sheepfeet go, do they hold up pretty well? Ive had cheap inserts fall apart before. Have some Dr. Sholls in there now that have lasted a long time!

I’m not going to bash Sheepfeet, but make sure you spend time prepping and do you mold very carefully. I have flat feet and had a set made thinking it’s the best I could do for my feet…wrong. I followed their instructions carefully but, Because my big toes were not held in place my arches collapsed as normal doing the mold and I ended up with next to zero arch support. After using them a year and having severe arch pain, and blaming other shoes I was wearing, I broke down and saw a podiatrist and brought in my sheepfeet. He explained the whole foot position/ mold issue. Long story short I left with $55 power step neutral insoles and pain is gone in my arches. An expensive lesson.

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Something that significant, I’d go to a podiatrist and get them to make you some custom insoles. I wear some every day and switch them to whatever pair of shoes/boots I’m wearing that day. My insurance covered the cost too

Blaze2020

FNG
Like above comments, you’ll need to see a physical therapist or podiatrist to have a lateral wedge added to your inserts or even better added to custom orthotics. It’s the best way to correct a supinated gait.

S.Clancy

WKR
I've had better luck with insoles you can buy at Walmart than 500$ custom insoles....You just need to try on a ton of pairs and see which ones feel great