D loop and serving material?

Looking at starting to work on my own stuff,needing to get some cording for d loop/drop away and tying nocks,peeps etc.
What your recommendations.

hiker270

WKR
BCY #23 and #24 are both good choices for D loop material. BCY #3 serving string is popular for tying peep sights. There are a lot of different types out there. The Archery Talk Forum has a lot of discussion on d loop and serving material.

I'm using power grip for my serving uses. Soft nocks, peeps, reserving center. .018 mostly.

Been using more BCY 23 now, but 24 is good too for D loops and kinda the standard.

I use cheap paracord stuff from the craft store for drop aways.

OR Archer

WKR
For loops just get some standard BCY 24. For tying peeps and center serving I prefer BCY 62X in .018. For tying knock sets I use BCY 3D in .016. For rest cord you can use BCY 23 or D Braid. I like the smaller diameter for rests.

Wapiti1

WKR
Peeps and any area of serving, 0.019 Halo. For soft nock points, cheapo 0.016" or 0.018" nylon.

D-loop BCY 24.

Jeremy

I like BCY D Braid for loop material. Thinner and more flexible gives me good results, just make sure you get a good burn on the end and the knot seated well because its a little trickier than the 23 & 24 loop material. For serving I use BCY 3D for most things, nock points, tying in peeps etc.

Both products are popular in the target archery world and i like them so much that I have carried them over to my hunting set ups as well.