In field bow repair kit

Idaboy

WKR
I would say "it depends"....but anything that changes tune, "in field" tuning just isn't realistic.
- Basic Allen keys in case anything loosened, D loop and limb driven rest cord, spare release and spare broadheads....

BUT, if you are doing a big out of state trip etc, then it might be worth some basic tuning things at the truck or a spare bow

I take a spare bow that is setup to shoot same arrows etc. This year I'm hunting with a buddy that has one bow...probably doesn't even have a spare release or arrows..LOL The receiver hitch bow press attachment sounds intriguing. The EZ green doesn't take up a huge amount of space unmounted......I may fab something up just to have it if we need it. We'll be truck camping this year.

fatlander

WKR
Outside of Allen wrenches to adjust a sight or lock down a rest chord clamp, I can’t see not hiking out the truck to fix any other issue. Even then I’d question hunting with something I hadn’t really gone over and put some arrows through to make sure it was fixed.

Mark absolutely everything you can with a sharpie once you’re happy with how you’re shooting: where’s cables cross the cams, peep height, d-loop, rest chord clamp and limb/cable location, sight and rest windage and elevation.

The best bow repair kit is having the aptitude to repair and tune your own equipment. If you can’t set one up from the ground up, learn. It’s saved my bacon before.

A few years ago, I had a limb crack while on an out of state hunt. Just so happened that it was a holiday weekend, so the outdoor store I went to to buy a replacement didn’t have their bow technician working. Had I not known how to set up my own equipment, I would have been SOL. Purchased a new bow, tuned it, and killed a pope and young bull the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: