Day six broadheads

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Mine came in today. Shaving sharp out of package. Got to shoot them after yard work.
Daysix 1 1/4 and Iron Will. Both 125 grs.

I like the less aggressive angle of the bleeder on the Day6 vs the IW. Both look absolutely interstellar!

I have mostly recovered, but this morning, seconds after screwing on my new head for the first time, I put it in the dirt AT 20 YARDS and never found the arrow. I'm still pretty pissed at myself. No excuse for that type of ridiculousness. Motivation to practice. Hopefully you all have better luck than I did. I really like the heads though. Apparently the penetration is so good the arrow disappeared without a trace into a dirt road :/

TravisIN

WKR
I have mostly recovered, but this morning, seconds after screwing on my new head for the first time, I put it in the dirt AT 20 YARDS and never found the arrow. I'm still pretty pissed at myself. No excuse for that type of ridiculousness. Motivation to practice. Hopefully you all have better luck than I did. I really like the heads though. Apparently the penetration is so good the arrow disappeared without a trace into a dirt road :/

that one hurts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX_Diver

WKR

It'll show up in your tire in a few months probably.

I'm sighting in my new bow and sent 2 arrows back to back over my target into an alfalfa field over the weekend. 30 Minutes of looking and they're gone as well.... :( Next shot was dead center though and now there's a plywood backstop whenever I sight in!

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
It'll show up in your tire in a few months probably.

I'm sighting in my new bow and sent 2 arrows back to back over my target into an alfalfa field over the weekend. 30 Minutes of looking and they're gone as well.... :( Next shot was dead center though and now there's a plywood backstop whenever I sight in!

I always keep a similarly weighted "throw-away" arrow for what I like to call "Bore-sighting" my new setups. First shot with a new sight or pin configuration always gets taken with this arrow. Learned that the hard way.

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Day Six is coming out with some 200 and 250 grain models :love:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    163.6 KB · Views: 57

dkime

WKR
Happy to see that these too are 100% made here as well, I know I probably sound like an old fudd by stating that but as I've gotten older I've grown to appreciate the 100% made as opposed to being manufactured elsewhere or the cleverly put "assembled in America" claims, my previous employer loved to throw a flag on the back of the package with that claim and it always felt deceitful. Thicker longer blade looks to be just what the doctor ordered.

I always keep a similarly weighted "throw-away" arrow for what I like to call "Bore-sighting" my new setups. First shot with a new sight or pin configuration always gets taken with this arrow. Learned that the hard way.
Man, if only that were the issue. I took the same shot at the same distance with similar wind the 3 days before for cold bow and was right on target.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

RampartLB

FNG
Happy to see that these too are 100% made here as well, I know I probably sound like an old fudd by stating that but as I've gotten older I've grown to appreciate the 100% made as opposed to being manufactured elsewhere or the cleverly put "assembled in America" claims, my previous employer loved to throw a flag on the back of the package with that claim and it always felt deceitful. Thicker longer blade looks to be just what the doctor ordered.

I’ve seen this before on packaging and websites before and been confused by what it meant. I shoot IW’s and they have something similar on their website. Does this mean that they’re not 100% made here? The Day Six head looks pretty sweet, I know people have said they look like similar heads but honestly, it’s a 2 blade broadhead with bleeders; they’re all gonna look like a sharp pointy thing on the end of the stick.

jspradley

WKR
I’ve seen this before on packaging and websites before and been confused by what it meant. I shoot IW’s and they have something similar on their website. Does this mean that they’re not 100% made here? The Day Six head looks pretty sweet, I know people have said they look like similar heads but honestly, it’s a 2 blade broadhead with bleeders; they’re all gonna look like a sharp pointy thing on the end of the stick.

"Assembled in the US" generally means its put together here from imported components. Better than all import but 100% US manufacturing is generally better, with exceptions of course

dkime

WKR
"Assembled in the US" generally means its put together here from imported components. Better than all import but 100% US manufacturing is generally better, with exceptions of course

That was why we had to do it, ferrules were turned here but blade sourcing was done overseas. You’d be amazed at the amount of blades from competing companies coming out of the same factory in China.

jspradley

WKR
That was why we had to do it, ferrules were turned here but blade sourcing was done overseas. You’d be amazed at the amount of blades from competing companies coming out of the same factory in China.

Doesn't surprise me! :ROFLMAO:

Who did you used to work for?

dkime

WKR
467aa8e66d799d26ab1fb5dc4f37802c.jpg

Finally did a quick test at 50, obviously this shot broke really well and landed in the right place but all of the shots have been very consistent in flight, head seems like a winner so far at this distance. I may get to push it to 80 or so on Sunday

HookUp

WKR
I just ordered some Day Six heads, looking forward to testing against Iron Wills! I really like that bleeder on the d6, cant wait to see how they fly.

TravisIN

WKR
I just ordered some Day Six heads, looking forward to testing against Iron Wills! I really like that bleeder on the d6, cant wait to see how they fly.

You won’t be disappointed

CLibka

Lil-Rokslider
Got mine in, looks good. Didn't get the case that is pictured on the site (I ordered the 6 in the waterproof case) But they are all put together very well and my jewelry scale shows all 99.6 - 99.8 gn's so they are very close to spec. Will report back after I get the arrows built up. On another note, the hardware with the arrows are not close on the weight scale, I've got 104 gn - 96gn. So I need to call them on that.

Got mine in, looks good. Didn't get the case that is pictured on the site (I ordered the 6 in the waterproof case) But they are all put together very well and my jewelry scale shows all 99.6 - 99.8 gn's so they are very close to spec. Will report back after I get the arrows built up. On another note, the hardware with the arrows are not close on the weight scale, I've got 104 gn - 96gn. So I need to call them on that.

What's close? Are you worried you're going to see a difference on the target with +/- 4gr tolerance? It's most likely less than 1% of your overall arrow weight. Unless they claimed a tighter tolerance than +/- 4 gr I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

I have some of the older hardware before that oxidized and it weighed out better than the newer ones with different steel. I think it has something to do with the grooves machined out for epoxy on the newer ones. I switched stuff around and balanced everything out to within 3grains.