Deck Boots

Looking for a solid pair of deck boots. Thought Xtratuf was the obvious choice, but 70% of the most recent reviews are negative and say the quality has gone to crap. Grundens have fewer negative reviews, but seems like some people are having similar issues with rubber cracking and sole delamination. Same with Simms. Huk has good reviews but not sure if they're just filtering out negatives.

Are there any deck boots out there that aren't gonna crap out on me within a couple years of moderate use?

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I have a set of xtratuff ones with 2 years on them, the wife has the grundens version and my dad has been rocking the xtratuff ones for a bit. No issues so far, i use mine when it’s raining out, mowing the lawn, picking up dog crap etc. My dad uses his almost daily and whenever he the boat out to check shrimp pots or run around with the grandkids. Overall for $65 and lasting more than a year I’m happy. I spent $140 on some Brooks shoes and they were done in 4 months (I vastly exceeded the 500 mile lifetime).

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
Xtratuffs seem to last longer now than when the chinese first started building them. They are all I use on deck and they get a lot of other use also.

frosty_1

FNG
Look at the Dryshod line of boots. They are expensive but the quality is high and they are much more comfortable than my xtratufs...

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just fix my xtra tiffs with gorillla glue when they crack. No big deal, they are just a rubber boot.

XtraTuf for the win.

Don’t let them sit out in the sun when you aren’t using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

403AL

FNG
I’ve been wearing a pair of Huk brand a bit since this spring. So far so good.

geterdone

FNG
I have 4 years on my gen 1 grunden deck boots, they have been great. I have 5 or 6 buddies that all made the switch from Xtra tuff after being disappointed with the Chinese versions.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk