Defund the Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

16Bore

WKR
16Bore, at this point I could say the sky was blue and you'd disagree with me. LOL

People gonna see what they want to see.

Nah man, Tikkas are blue. 😂

You’re right though, most people think “well I didn’t do anything to the black population, I don’t get any white privileges”

It’s waaaaay deeper than that.

It's not hard to research this if you want.

Have you ever heard of the practice of "redlining?" If not, look it up.

Look up the difference in the value of a home depending on the racial makeup of the neighborhood where it's located.

There are so many examples, if you're objective and willing to listen.

This is an oversimplification of the issue, but it gets the idea across pretty well.

I will give you a first person experience as a young 19 yr old white kid. This is my experience only in the area that I experienced it, but find it hard to believe it is much different in other areas.

This was 1999 and I was working for a construction contractor in St Louis. He won a bid to put siding on government built houses in a part of town that required low income housing. These houses were being built brand new. The first day there, we were told by another contractor that is would be our best interest to be out of that neighborhood before dark. It was good advice.

We would come in the morning and spend all day putting siding on houses. We came back the next day and all the siding we put on was ripped off as high as someone could reach and many times our materials that were supposed to be inside the house were stolen with the new windows broken or doors knocked in.

This neighborhood was all black. I am not a racist person, but I remember thinking at 19 that why would we continue to try and help this neighborhood when those living there would just destroy it. Brand new houses and we ended up pulling out as many times we couldn’t even work because everything was being stolen.

Racism is real, but when you have a place with groups of people, regardless of color, that just want to destroy things and cause problems, how can you really help? I did my best from that point forward to make sure I made a good life for myself and my future family. The military helped me do that and allowed me to have friends from all color.

Housing prices will go down in these areas, not because of the color of people that live there, but because of how they live.

Again, just one persons experience in one location.

KSP277

WKR
[QUOTE="Newtosavage, post: 1680656, member
That is beside the point. What is the point? The point is systemic racism in this country. If you deny it, you are part of the problem.
[/QUOTE]

No you being a jackass to everybody you don’t agree with is the problem. You have an opinion, a lot of em obviously. Doesn’t make you right. And doesn’t make them wrong. I agree with some stuff you’ve said. I don’t see systemic racism. Don’t buy it. Don’t believe it. Not sure how that makes me or anybody else the problem.

I will give you a first person experience as a young 19 yr old white kid. This is my experience only in the area that I experienced it, but find it hard to believe it is much different in other areas.

This was 1999 and I was working for a construction contractor in St Louis. He won a bid to put siding on government built houses in a part of town that required low income housing. These houses were being built brand new. The first day there, we were told by another contractor that is would be our best interest to be out of that neighborhood before dark. It was good advice.

We would come in the morning and spend all day putting siding on houses. We came back the next day and all the siding we put on was ripped off as high as someone could reach and many times our materials that were supposed to be inside the house were stolen with the new windows broken or doors knocked in.

This neighborhood was all black. I am not a racist person, but I remember thinking at 19 that why would we continue to try and help this neighborhood when those living there would just destroy it. Brand new houses and we ended up pulling out as many times we couldn’t even work because everything was being stolen.

Racism is real, but when you have a place with groups of people, regardless of color, that just want to destroy things and cause problems, how can you really help? I did my best from that point forward to make sure I made a good life for myself and my future family. The military helped me do that and allowed me to have friends from all color.

Housing prices will go down in these areas, not because of the color of people that live there, but because of how they live.

Again, just one persons experience in one location.

Help?

You were supposed to hand over your bank card, house and car keys, then kiss their feet.

Duh!

Azone

WKR
Let the social experiment begin.

16Bore

WKR
[QUOTE="Newtosavage, post: 1680656, member
That is beside the point. What is the point? The point is systemic racism in this country. If you deny it, you are part of the problem.

No you being a jackass to everybody you don’t agree with is the problem. You have an opinion, a lot of em obviously. Doesn’t make you right. And doesn’t make them wrong. I agree with some stuff you’ve said. I don’t see systemic racism. Don’t buy it. Don’t believe it. Not sure how that makes me or anybody else the problem.
[/QUOTE]

Watch the video about housing. It’s a single example and real. This shit didn’t just happen last month.

As for public housing complaints, follow the money stream......

I explained that pretty well, I thought. And I didn't need to call anyone names to make my point either.

"Defunding the police" lets you know the level of lunacy we are dealing with.
Boy did they choose (if it was "them" who chose it) the wrong term. Talk about a gift to the other party. It wouldn't surprise me to discover the "defund" movement was started by a republican campaign strategtist because it really is a gift for them, exactly when they needed one.

Anyone here wants to talk about gentrification? Yes it’s very real. Rich liberals pushing out middle and lower class blacks to setup their coffee shops and fruity European bullshit. No where is that more apparent than SanFrancisco and Oakland. Sent them across the bridge and jacked up prices on everything. RICH LIBERAL HYPOCRITES.

FLAK

WKR
Boy did they choose (if it was "them" who chose it) the wrong term. Talk about a gift to the other party. It wouldn't surprise me to discover the "defund" movement was started by a republican campaign strategtist because it really is a gift for them, exactly when they needed one.

I think most people knew how crazy they were before this. They just keep
emphasizing for the slow thinkers.

jmez

WKR
Let the social experiment begin.

Well that should be interesting. Get rid of the police, but we have no plan yet on what we are going to do. What could possibly go wrong?

Frontier justice! And in a country so rife with systemic racism what might the result of that be?

Anyone here wants to talk about gentrification? Yes it’s very real. Rich liberals pushing out middle and lower class blacks to setup their coffee shops and fruity European bullshit. No where is that more apparent than SanFrancisco and Oakland. Sent them across the bridge and jacked up prices on everything. RICH LIBERAL HYPOCRITES.
Plenty of those in Austin too. Starting to move into the neighborhoods that the blacks were pushed into generations ago, clearing lots and building artsy condos in their place.

There is plenty of hypocrisy to go around. It's not the exclusive domain of either side.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved

Careful, in the wilderness of mirrors truth becomes whatever you want it to be, and thus meaningless. Regardless of where the idea originated there is evidence of organic support for it from bona fide liberals. People tend to make bad strategic choices even when a situation is much calmer than this, so it is hard to use the strategic unsoundness of an idea as proof that it is not genuine.

On a different note.
I do find it funny when people I know who supported Cliven Bundy and his tactics now turn around and condemn similar tactics when used by the other side (CHAZ). Of course the mirror is that many of those who condemned Bundy based on actions, now condone substantially similar action used to achieve political ends they agree with.

I would laugh at it all if not for the potential seriousness of the consequences.

Azone

WKR
Well that should be interesting. Get rid of the police, but we have no plan yet on what we are going to do. What could possibly go wrong?

Frontier justice! And in a country so rife with systemic racism what might the result of that be?
Since when the hell did having a emergency and calling for help (911) become someone exercising a privilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.