Did I buy the wrong Leukotape ?

jarrettd

FNG
Hey Guys. I've used Leukotape P on my feet in the past, on one of our rucks. I noticed that the adhesive bled through the tape and is now permanently in the fabric of my hiking socks, even after washing several times. I know there are different types of Leukotape. Did I buy the wrong kind? Is there one that won't ruin your socks?

Ive had this problem with every roll of leukotape Ive ever bought or used, for a long time. I pre tape hot spots, and Ive used everything imaginable and nothing else comes close to it as far as preventing blisters. That said, I dont notice any sticky residue left after washing, you can just tell where they tape was more or less if you flip the socks inside out. I use either darn tough 2011 or 2012s, sometimes smartwool hunt phd.

Btaylor

WKR
Hey Guys. I've used Leukotape P on my feet in the past, on one of our rucks. I noticed that the adhesive bled through the tape and is now permanently in the fabric of my hiking socks, even after washing several times. I know there are different types of Leukotape. Did I buy the wrong kind? Is there one that won't ruin your socks?
I havent had that issue with the KT tape for hotspots. Might be worth a try for you.

*zap*

WKR
lukotape-K = That type of result can be had with kinesiotape. Kinesiotape is easier on the skin...cheaper, because you only need one type of tape. It has mutiple uses, can be worn longer, can get wet and dry without losing tension. Leukotape stretchs out pretty quickly, losing the original "correction".

lukotape-P = Leukotape P (Shown in picture) and Cover Roll Stretch (sold seperately) are products specifically designed for the patellofemoral (McConnell) taping technique for correcting patellar position. Excellent for shoulder taping and managing chronic shoulder problems by realigning shoulder-related structures, taping and retraining muscles.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I think I’m buying the wrong stuff too.

All 3 rolls Ive bought have been junk-as in no stickiness at all. Comes off/shifts after a few steps.

Anyone have a link for the good stuff?!

Btaylor

WKR
What I use.

The stuff I've used pulls the skin off with it, and all the hair. It's awful. I just use electrical tape or athletic tape now.

Leukotape-P is the stuff I have been using for the past 10 years. Yes the glue can and will stick to your skin and socks and can be hard to remove. But it doesn’t detract from its effectiveness. I place it on immediately before the hunt and wait till I get home 5-10 days later (depending in the hunt) to remove it while soaked it the bath. Sure it requires a little elbow grease but I have never had its purpose fail me which is preventing hot spots

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've used the P version for several years without any issues with it. I put it on my heels and it stays in place for at least a week to 10 days at a time, when I head home to resupply and refreeze my ice jugs and it comes right off in the shower. I love how it stays in place. Never seen any bleed over to socks, and I wear white liner socks.

I think I’m buying the wrong stuff too.

All 3 rolls Ive bought have been junk-as in no stickiness at all. Comes off/shifts after a few steps.

Anyone have a link for the good stuff?!
I've found that when its cold it doesn't seem sticky at all. If I re-apply in the field or add to a new spot I throw it in my sleeping bag with me before I get up or stick it close to my body for a bit until it warms back up.

Voyageur

WKR
Here is something I found on how to remove the adhesive. Hope this helps.