Direct Thread Suppressors; Swapping Back and Forth Between Rifles at Range

Schism

WKR
I've heard good things about those, have you used AG ones too? The PU look similar to AG but rely on kevlar cord rather than cinching the opening around the breech end of the can, maybe a little thinner and cleaner built?

I have not used AG covers, yet. I've read great reviews on their covers, however. I have a Dominus in jail now and I may try an AG cover on it.

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
I echo what others have said about heat. If you should more than a handful of shots in rapid succession, the can will be too hot to handle.

I usually let my barrel cool to ambient between shots when doing load development or shooting for group. I sometimes bring another rifle to shoot in between. It would be really annoying to switch the van back and forth every time.

OP
General RE LEE
I rarely ever take one rifle to the range. I take two rifles and alternate between the two.

Did the old switcheroo today multiple times without any issues, as I was trying to sight in 7 different rifles but only have 4 cans. On a bitter cold day like today, the warm suppressor allowed me to feel my fingers again 😂