DIY PYRAMID TENT PLANS

Looking to make my very own 2 man pyramid tent but am having some issues figuring out how big to make it and angles and such. Anyone have some plans they would be willing to share? Or maybe point me to a post that I can’t seem to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Lots of guys use SketchUp to get their dimensions then go from there. Doesn't hurt to figure out how tall you want it to be, then make a pole that high and use some string to figure out your floor size and lengths you'll need on panels.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
Sketchup really is the way to go. Its pretty simple to learn how to draw up a simple pyramid after watching a couple of videos. The beauty of sketchup is you can input known measurements and then it will give you precise measurements for the unknowns. And you can measure angles.

The pole and string method is a solid idea.

I have also made scale models out of cereal box cardboard. You can glue graph paper on to cardboard to make the to scale part easier.

I design my wall angles to be 45 degrees. I reckon that is the best of both worlds for shedding rain/snow and also wind.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Reiterating said above, SketchUp will be your best friend. Take a look at dimensions of tent manufacturers to get a base for the size you will build. I'm no engineer but MYOG pyramid has become one of my favorite gear pieces. Backpackinglight.com was incredibly helpful for me when getting started.

The only change I would make on my next project will be adding cat cuts vs straight line. Highly recommend going that route.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 8.40.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 9.04.50 AM.png

I have been considering a DIY tipi and found this website for making calculations. I think it may even be superior to sketchup for this task. You can change the variables quickly and get exact dimensions for every aspect of the project.

58041b39f80b7b29777f3808a88c937b.jpg

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have been considering a DIY tipi and found this website for making calculations. I think it may even be superior to sketchup for this task. You can change the variables quickly and get exact dimensions for every aspect of the project.

58041b39f80b7b29777f3808a88c937b.jpg

I was trying to think of the name of that earlier. Thanks for posting that up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk