Do any of you use Lighted Nocks?

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I received the .166 /.204 version in the mail today. Plan to use them I'm my gold tip pierce arrows.. The nock weights almost 4 grains more than the nocturnal and it fits better. Looks to me like the extra weight is around the battery and where it ties the external portion to the battery.. They feel more solid than the nocturnal you can't wiggle the battery like the nocturnal's. I removed 3 nocturnals from my arrows all were bent where the battery ties to the external part of the nock. It was noticeable just holding the arrow up and looking at it..

11boo

WKR
I’ll see how they hold up for sure shooting most nights out back. I have 12/now 11 arrows/ with them. It is pretty easy to put them on the string without activating the light, but if you snap them on hard, they will turn on.

11boo

WKR
Broke another one tonight. Got to flip the bag and quit shooting the side with the vital zone. Must’ve broke the electrical connection this time.

DF00AEC6-5AC8-4C61-AE24-E9C735D3A9B1.jpeg The one I broke days ago is still glowing. Damn, been several days.

Never had any desire to use them or even try them, can't see adding anymore tail weight to my arrows. Plus, I'm very particular about nock fit to the string and would probably end up buying every brand to find one that fits correct, as I read many are not the greatest fitting, so don't even bother with them.

Last edited:

11boo

WKR
I am definitely no William Tell, but I’m not seeing any change to point of impact.
These things fit just as snug as the nocks I took out. I did put one over the bag last night. Easiest arrow to find ever.

I did flip the bag around so I have several aiming points. I always bust nocks if I don’t .

Probably the guys who shoot a lot farther than I do would see a change in POI.

cmogan15

FNG
I seem to be having issues with my Nockturnal G nocks fitting very loosely inside my easton Axis 4 mm (.166) arrows. Anyone else having that issue? Is there a way to fix it?
I decided to opt out of the lighted nocks for my axis long range. I heard that the 4m does some damage to some nocturnals my friends have.

Also system wont let me PM You, Interested in your Tent. Maybe DM me?

ran g noc nockturnals last year... they didnt hold up and would not recommend.. switched to firenocks this year and have been impressed... for bigger arrows i like the lumenoks... i like lighted nocks due to the fact that it gives me a better idea of where the arrow hit the animal... to wait or not to wait..

11boo

WKR
I’m sold.
I have a dozen of the cheapo ones in service. probably 50 or so shots on each nock. The only failures have been nock strikes. I’m also not seeing a change in POI.
Not seeing any disadvantage, they nock well and are cheap.

28B032D7-FF97-44EA-AB3C-72DE47BE1FFC.jpeg

I love lighted nocks. The weight difference does change POI. I glued a brad nail into my regular nocks so they equal the same weight as my nocturnals. I could just have bought a bunch of lighted nocks and then use them even after the battery wears out but this is the much cheaper option. Works great!

Attachments

• IMG_6616.jpg
    IMG_6616.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 19
In addition to the advantages they provide hunting, I find them just plain fun to shoot. I have three nockturnals on my practice arrows. I will shoot those all summer and then put on fresh ones for hunting season.
Yes they are fun to shoot, I love seeing the trajectory of the arrow...

Always. Being partly color blind I struggle to find blood. Lighted nock at least gives me a place to start looking

I’ve used the Carbon express, victory, and nockturnal x and gt series whitetail hunting. The nockturnals are the only ones that haven’t broke on me, and consistently light up. Has helped me find arrows especially if I missed the deer lol. I also stab the lighted arrow in the ground to mark moment of impact/first blood. Only problem I’ve had is when I spin test my arrows I sometimes get a small wobble, lightly bending the aluminum piece that goes in the arrow shaft usually fixes that though.

11boo

WKR
I still have yet to have one fail without a nock strike. These have been manually switched off more times than I can remember .