Do you unstring your recurve or not?

Growing up I was always told to unstring by bow after use. I’ve got a Satori that I’ve been shooting for a few years now. If I know I’m not going to shoot it for an extended time I’ll take it down but is there any real reason to unstring it if I plan to shoot just about every day? I know with wood limbs it may be more important but curious what you guys do?

slatty

WKR
I have a bear takedown and I only unstring it when i'm leaving town for more than a weekend. Otherwise I shoot it most days. Once I got a really high quality string that doesn't stretch I don't see a reason to unstring anymore, unless i'm traveling and the bow is with me.

oldgoat

WKR
Only for extended travel, like anything other than driving the 15 minutes to the 3d range. I've learned when traveling on rough roads unless the bow is in a very stable position where it can't shift, you might end up at your destination with a twisted limb, happened twice to me, both times I just twisted limb back and went on my way with no long term problems but still! Hot cars it gets unstrung and then don't leave strung standing in the corner, lay it flat or hang on a peg etc. Since they started putting fiberglass over the lams you no longer need to unstring

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
Only when I'm changing strings. I think the idea of unstringing goes back to selfbows. Selfbows should only be strung when shooting or they will take set. Modern recurves don't need to be unstrung - unless for storage or travel.

GLB

WKR
Recurves that I am actively shooting stays strung. Longbows are unstrunged after use. Longbows has more wood vs glass in the limbs than recurves so best to unstring them when not in use.

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot at least 20 shots every day so my bows stay strung.
If I'm away for more than 2 days I'll take the few minutes to unstring them

Q child

WKR
Haha. I do unstring. But that is just what I was taught and have never questioned it until this moment.

Wrench

WKR
Conditions matter. If it's hot where your bow is stored, the hassle of stringing it is worth the piece of mind.

A few years ago I had a takedown recurve a buddy made me for a wedding present that was unstrung, it was dark out and I was stringing it up and it de-lammed. Not sure if I twisted the limbs wrong or if it was a defect . Regardless he sent me new limbs. I was using a stringer at the time. From then on I leave bows strung

I try to shoot every day, and if not at least 4-5 times a week. So mine stays strung. If I wasn't going to shoot for a long time (several weeks or longer) I'd unstring it. Not a big deal with most modern recurves/longbows.