Elk Huntin’ Boots.

I switched from lowa ticams to la sportiva trail runners and it was the best decision I’ve made with regards to hunting gear. Full disclosure my pack weight was only 45 lbs and didn’t get to pack an animal out with them. However, I did several mountain hikes with 90+ lbs and never felt the need for boots. Longest outing was 4 days and covered right under 50 miles, much of which was off trail. FOR ME, stiff boots are very overrated and most the struggle with them exists in fit.

eightyeight mag

Lil-Rokslider
I have hunted elk for 30 years and this last season I purchased a pair of Crispi guide boots.
Best boots I have ever had. Curious to see how they hold up.

nphunter

WKR
I switch between Scarpa Grand Dru’s and Meindl AK hunters. They have both been good boots, I’ve never even had a hot spot in the Scarpas and they are awesome in step terrain which is what I hunt most of the time.

I’m about to replace my boots. Can’t decide between Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 1000 or the Crispi Wild Rock Plus.

Will somebody please make up my mind for me! Lol

BlakeyD

FNG
Lots of great suggestions here, going to use some of these to hopefully replace an old pair of Irish Setters I have

stdeb11

FNG
Upgraded to the Scnhees Beartooths this year and I'm never looking back...I've tried several over the years (merrell, salomon, danner, meindl) and these are a whole other class above for comfort, durability, and lacing.

300ELK

FNG
I use Danners get the ones made in the USA And that are resoleable.
this year I’m looking at try out Crispi boots

ChrisAU

WKR
Wore Crispi Thor II’s this past year and for the first time ever I’m not looking for new boots this off-season.

hobbes

WKR
I've been wearing uninsulated Kenetrek Mountain Extremes for all of my hunting the last three years. I will wear some pack boots if it's extremely cold and I'm sitting and glassing a lot (mule deer hunt in November). However, boots are absolutely dependent upon an individual's feet. I've tried on a lot of boots that were swore by on forums and they were uncomfortable as heck just walking around the store. You may be able to depend on durability and stiffness reviews but you cannot depend on fit and comfort without putting the boots on your own feet. Maybe my feet are just picky.

Seamaster

Lil-Rokslider
For general purpose elk hunting I wear Danner (not Pronghorn) lace-to-toe boots currently.

I have used boots with more flexible soles in some country with easy walking and boots with very stiff soles (mountaineering boots) in very difficult and rocky country. When it is extremely cold I wear Sorel pac boots.

Everybody's feet are unique and different situations have different demands.

nobody

WKR
I've been running some Crispi Thor GTX's for the past 3 seasons. From early to late season, scouting and hunting and hiking, they've been through everything and just keep on kicking! As much as I love them, I think the next pair I do will be the Summits, which are a small step down in stiffness rating. The Thor's are just a bit too stiff when walking on lazy terrain, but I sure love them in steep stuff! I recommend Crispi to anybody who has foot issues or flat feet, and all feedback has been positive! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anybody looking for a quality boot, foot issues or not!

jackmat69

FNG
Kenetrek Mountain Extremes
I have hunted two seasons in CO and Idaho logging a lot miles with a pack that weighed more than it should and the boots have performed really well. I will replace the insoles this year.

C.Cook

FNG
I have always used cabelas meindl boots. The last two pair I’ve had were junk. Last year I bought another pair. They leaked badly. After 8 days hiking in rough rocky terrain the sole started separating from upper.
I purchased a pair of kenetrek mountain extreme and a pair of crispi lapponia for this year. I like the idea of the lightweight lapponia. We will see how they hold up. So I also bought the mountain extremes.
These are the two boots I use. Kenetrek extremes when I expect rugged terrain and side hilling, lapponias get the call on easier days. The Crispis are like slippers with moderate ankle support, I love them! I’ve had mine 3 seasons and even wear them off season and still have life in them. But not the answer in rugged or rocky terrain. The Kenetreks if I could only have one boot, tough as nails, excellent ankle support, and also comfortable, with my orthodox. Good choices!