Elk hunting rifle optics and accessories advice needed

I like Warne mounts and rings too but I have a set of Talley ring/mount9-10-19 - Talley rings mount on Browning 28N rifle.jpg on my 28N and it's rock slolid and lightweight. I didn't want to go the extra cost but wanted to keep my rig light and scope low and after having used the talleys for over a year while shooting the gun a lot I feel like the talley's were well worth the price.

Having wrote a reply already to this thread I would like to also say that there is nothing wrong with a lightweight 308 with a 22" barrel for Elk hunting. It does have some range limitations but if the person shooting it is aware of that and doesn't plan on shooting at longer ranges anyway the 308 could be an excellent choice especially with the right bullet. I guess too it depends a lot on where you hunt. I've been hunting where shot opportunities often come at longer ranges so I try to prepare for that situation. If you hunt in a more wooded area where range is generally limited a 308 could be all you need.