Everyone ready for lockdown 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike7

WKR
Yes, infection rates but at what percentage are they dying or hospitalized? Isn't it still far lower than the un-vaccinated with delta? It sure seems they are pushing this vaccinated and delta narrative really hard but not discussing all of the statistics. Something seems fishy.
They report in the link that 4 of the 5 hospitalized were vaccinated.

But this is a small number to make a determination from and other details are important like when were they vaccinated, what comorbidities did they have, etc.

Still, not sure the assessment should be that that vaccines are working great.

BBob

WKR
^^^ "Among persons with breakthrough infection, four (1.2%) were hospitalized, and no deaths were reported." So a lot of hoopla over not much then (compared to what we've already seen and experienced) so it's all about politics and control. Chicken Little's are going to chicken little and freak out all over again or at least that's what they are hoping for. I think a lot of us are over it and have accepted what it is and what it may or may not do but will likely buck the narrative more this go round.

USMC-40

WKR
They report in the link that 4 of the 5 hospitalized were vaccinated.

But this is a small number to make a determination from and other details are important like when were they vaccinated, what comorbidities did they have, etc.

Still, not sure the assessment should be that that vaccines are working great.
Well, it’s the facts - and those number will likely change, but how that affects the %’s, I guess we will wait and see. HOWEVER, it makes a pretty strong case against vaccination REGARDLESS if the %’s change over time, as why in the ever living hell would I take something that has an unknown effect on me while still making me susceptible to whatever it is supposed to protect me from?

Coincidence? Targeted? (don your tinfoil hat)

Is there anything about Covid that is not fishy?

Among the 469 cases in Massachusetts residents, 346 (74%) occurred in persons who were fully vaccinated; of these, 301 (87%) were male, with a median age of 42 years.

Spike elk

WKR
On May 13th the CDC dropped masks recommendations. That day the CDC attributed 590 deaths to covid. With the current panic you would think that we are headed back to 4000 "covid related" deaths that we had at the peak of things. Nope- current CDC data for the running 7 day average of covid deaths is 275. Less than half of what they were when the dropped masks in May. Take it one step further. Our running 7 day average for positive cases is 67,080. (From the CDC) Do the math and the death rate is .004, or just less than half a percent. That death rate is even lower considering all of the folks who have covid but don't even know it. There is nothing to see here except politics.

BBob

WKR
I'm not a statistician but I've been around enough scientists talking statistics that I highly doubt a study with 469 cases means a whole lot right now. It might but I'd hazard to guess we need to see far more for the real story to emerge.

I'm not a statistician but I've been around enough scientists talking statistics that I highly doubt a study with 469 cases means a whole lot right now. It might but I'd hazard to guess we need to see far more for the real story to emerge.
Nor am I. Nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. But that data set is enough to prove at least something. And its source is the CDC. So, it has to be legit.

The reason is the virus is mutating. The vaccines work very well against the original COVID strain but not as well against the delta variant. We may get to a point where the decisions of some to remain unvaccinated results in a mutation that cannot effectively be vaccinated against which has global implications. The decision as to whether or not to vaccinate is not a purely personal one.
If it has to do with someone telling me to inject some experimental non approved snake oil into my body, you bet your ass it's purely personal. ESPECIALLY if they talk giving it to my kids.

People make choices every day on what they do to/ with their bodies. Some choose to smoke, do drugs & lay around & stuff twinkies in their faces till they can hardly walk. Those are purely personal ones as well. The survival rate for that lifestyle is exponentially less than the 99+% for people that get covid.

Whenever the CDC & other government "betters" wanna stop the constant lying & politicizing everything I might listen & give a damn what they say. Until then they can pound sand. They have lost all credibility with half the country & we don't believe anything that comes from their mouth.

FLATHEAD

WKR
It would lead one to believe that you are more likely to catch the virus a 2nd time if you are vaccinated.
Further solidifying my belief that you are better off with your own antibodies, esp. if you've already had the Covid.

My favorite part about the pandemic is all the people who decry the CDC, saying they are corrupt and not a credible source, only when they don't like the current data, then citing the same CDC a month later when they do like the data, then decrying them again the next month. And on and on and on. Both sides have been doing this the entire time. So much cherry picking by literally everyone in the country right now. Good luck finding the truth, but Occams Razor will tell you that the truth is virtually always the simplest, most obvious answer. I had no idea that Americans were this retarded.

ODB

WKR
Coincidence? Targeted? (don your tinfoil hat)

Is there anything about Covid that is not fishy?

Among the 469 cases in Massachusetts residents, 346 (74%) occurred in persons who were fully vaccinated; of these, 301 (87%) were male, with a median age of 42 years.

You too, aye? Noticed that same thing. Interesting. But of course they can't tell us now many people actually passed through the county in a month, much less male/female ratio of them.

Flyjunky

WKR
I've tried to stay away from all this shit for quite a while but I'm so disgusted with everything going on in this country I can't seem to keep my mouth shut anymore.

By the CDC's own numbers, this Delta variant that is so SCARY, has a death rate of .005 and .007 for vaccine vs untaxed......all this hoopla for that? Chicago has a 7 day rolling average 1 death from Covid. Anybody wanna guess how many people have died from shootings in those 7 days? Same with DC, you're more likely to get killed by a bullet than Covid. What a bunch of fu*king idiots.

If this virus was as bad as they say it is they wouldn't be having a free for all on the southern boarder! Come one, come all no matter if you're infected or not and we will ship you all over our country to infect everyone. Don't pay any attention that we are restricting people from Europe and Canada, if you vote democrat you're more than welcome to come to our country.

If anyone thinks all of this is anything other than politics you're a complete MORON. There is absolutely no need for a mask anymore and there is no need for us to do anything but get things back to normal. Covid is just a cover story now so they don't have to talk about all the other stupid shit that's going on...Hunter's laptop, China, Russia, border...etc, etc. Keep us focused on Covid and forget all the other stuff going on.

Slow PedoJoe, Dr. Doom and Gloom Fauci, Wolensky, and Heels up Harris can go F**K themselves.

Oh, btw, if the science about this virus was sound they wouldn't have to censor people who can refute "their science"!!

I found this on another board. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so true:

ME: CDC, should I get poked if I already had Covid?

CDC: “Yes, you should be poked regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19.”

ME: Oh, okay, so we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts. Got it. So, how long does poke-induced immunity last?

CDC: “There is still a lot we are learning about COVID-19 pokes and CDC is constantly reviewing evidence and updating guidance. We don’t know how long protection lasts for those who are poked.”

ME: Okay … but wait a second. I thought you said the reason I need the poke was because we don’t know how long my natural immunity lasts, but it seems like you’re saying we ALSO don’t know how long poke immunity lasts either. So, how exactly is the poke immunity better than my natural immunity?

CDC: (Silence on the line).

ME: Uh … alright. But, haven’t there been a bunch of studies suggesting that natural immunity could last for years or decades?

CDC: Yes.

NEW YORK TIMES: “Years, maybe even decades, according to a new study.”

ME: Ah. So natural immunity might last longer than poke immunity?

CDC: Possibly. You never know.

ME: Okay. If I get the poke, does that mean I won’t get sick?

BRITAIN: Nope. We are just now entering a seasonal spike and about half of our infections and hospital admissions are poked people.

ME: CDC, is this true? Are there a lot of people in the U.S. catching Covid after getting the poke?

CDC: We stopped tracking breakthrough cases. We accept voluntary reports of breakthroughs but aren’t out there looking for them.

ME: Does that mean that if someone comes in the hospital with Covid, you don’t track them because they’ve been poked? You only track the UN-poked Covid cases?

CDC: That’s right.

ME: Oh, okay. Hmm. Well, if I can still get sick after I get the poke, how is it helping me?

CDC: We never said you wouldn’t get sick. We said it would reduce your chances of serious illness or death.

ME: Oh, sorry. Alright, exactly how much does it reduce my chance of serious illness or death.

CDC: We don’t know “exactly.”

ME: Oh. Then what’s your best estimate for how much risk reduction there is?

CDC: We don’t know, okay? Next question.

ME: Um, if I’m healthy and don’t want the poke, is there any reason I should get it?

CDC: Yes, for the collective.

ME: How does the collective benefit from me getting poked?

CDC: Because you could spread the virus to someone else who might get sick and die.

ME: Can a poked person spread the virus to someone else?

ME: So if I get poked, I could still spread the virus to someone else?

ME: But I thought you just said, the REASON I should get poked was to prevent me spreading the virus? How does that make sense if I can still catch Covid and spread it after getting the poke?

CDC: Never mind that. The other thing is, if you stay unpoked, there’s a chance the virus could possibly mutate into a strain that escapes the pokes protection, putting all poked people at risk.

ME: So the poke stops the virus from mutating?

CDC: No.

ME: So it can still mutate in poked people?

ME: This seems confusing. If the poke doesn’t stop mutations, and it doesn’t stop infections, then how does me getting poked help prevent a more deadly strain from evolving to escape the poke?

CDC: You aren’t listening, okay? The bottom line is: as long as you are unpoked, you pose a threat to poked people.

ME: But what KIND of threat??

CDC: The threat that they could get a serious case of Covid and possibly die.

ME: My brain hurts. Didn’t you JUST say that the poke doesn’t keep people from catching Covid, but prevents a serious case or dying? Now it seems like you’re saying poked people can still easily die from Covid even after they got the poke just by running into an unpoked person! Which is it??

CDC: That’s it, we’re hanging up now.

ME: Wait! I just want to make sure I understand all this. So, even if I ALREADY had Covid, I should STILL get poked, because we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts, and we also don’t know how long poke immunity lasts. And I should get the poke to keep a poked person from catching Covid from me, but even if I get the poke, I can give it to the poked person anyways. And, the other poked person can still easily catch a serious case of Covid from me and die. Do I have all that right?

(Buzzing sound)

ME: Um, hello? Is anyone there?

Mike7

WKR
My favorite part about the pandemic is all the people who decry the CDC, saying they are corrupt and not a credible source, only when they don't like the current data, then citing the same CDC a month later when they do like the data, then decrying them again the next month. And on and on and on. Both sides have been doing this the entire time. So much cherry picking by literally everyone in the country right now. Good luck finding the truth, but Occams Razor will tell you that the truth is virtually always the simplest, most obvious answer. I had no idea that Americans were this retarded.
I don't fully agree with you here. There is plenty of good data put out by WHO and NIH/CDC scientists, but the Admin/CDC PR narrative that evolves from this data is often just histrionic at best, and potentially really dangerous at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.