Everyone ready for lockdown 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Some places will run it on all samples, some will run it on none. Some might run it on a random selection and use statistical analysis in an effort to cut costs or make due with limited resources."

In other words, they're just making shit up

WRM

WKR
Also in FL. Thankfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but most of it has been deluged by so many Otherners (pre and during Covid) it just ain't the place it was 40 years ago. But, where is?

Thunder43

FNG
Yeah, but most of it has been deluged by so many Otherners (pre and during Covid) it ain't the place it was 40 years ago. But, where is?

It’s crazy.
Houses are being bought here in NE FL sight unseen from folks up North daily. Market values have doubled in 1 year. That said, I’m still glad DeSantis is our Governor and is taking a stand for personal liberty.

WRM

WKR
It’s crazy.
Houses are being bought here in NE FL sight unseen from folks up North daily. Market values have doubled in 1 year. That said, I’m still glad DeSantis is our Governor and is taking a stand for personal liberty.

Mos def. Housing situation same in NW FL. They literally have just about run out of land to throw them up on. Most of what's left is rural zoning (thank Jesus).

sasquatch

WKR
It’s crazy.

Hopefully they remember what they are running from and learn from their mistakes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hopefully they remember what they are running from and learn from their mistakes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree. I lived in FL for a while. Financially a great place to live. I doubt it will be red in 10 years once people forget why they moved there.

Last edited:

qwerksc

WKR
RNA sequencing is ran on positive samples. It is expensive and the capability is not built out everywhere. Some places will run it on all samples, some will run it on none. Some might run it on a random selection and use statistical analysis in an effort to cut costs or make due with limited resources.

Texas currently lacks the capacity to sequence ever positive test per the TX DSHS. But, some hospitals, such as UT Southwestern, are RNA sequencing every test. (Note, I'm discussing TX because that is the location mentioned by @Desk Jockey). So, one could be getting a statistical estimation for rates of Delta or could be getting true population based numbers depending on location. Either way, the numbers are not "BS."

You do realize that the scandal with Tuskeegee was withholding treatment?

The 1905 Jacobson v. Massachusetts Supreme Court rulling is a more applicable comparison from history.

FLATHEAD

WKR
RNA sequencing is ran on positive samples. It is expensive and the capability is not built out everywhere. Some places will run it on all samples, some will run it on none. Some might run it on a random selection and use statistical analysis in an effort to cut costs or make due with limited resources.

Texas currently lacks the capacity to sequence ever positive test per the TX DSHS. But, some hospitals, such as UT Southwestern, are RNA sequencing every test. (Note, I'm discussing TX because that is the location mentioned by @Desk Jockey). So, one could be getting a statistical estimation for rates of Delta or could be getting true population based numbers depending on location. Either way, the numbers are not "BS."

The 1905 Jacobson v. Massachusetts Supreme Court rulling is a more applicable comparison from history.

WRM

WKR
Agree. I lived in FL for a while. Financially a great place to live. I doubt it will be red in 10 years once people forget why they moved there.

I doubt it's red now. NW FL is what was holding it blue and we're screwed up here now.

In case you forgot, they forgot our polls here in Central Time Zone were still open when they called an election for some douchenug named Gore.

WRM

WKR
Wait till Chinuh (and its joint venture partner, the US of A) get one out as virulent as Spanish Flu. They got the transmissibility down--now they just need the kill functionality. That'll make all this look like kindygarten recess.

I’m hopeful that they won’t try any more lockdowns Based on what Fauci is saying about it , although I’m sure we haven’t seen the end of local mask mandates in areas with high transmission. The White House is evidently Frustrated with how the media is reporting the delta variant as well . All in all I think we’re in a pretty decent spot in fighting the pandemic, but the news sites need to keep people either outraged or afraid to keep clicks (and therefore ad revenue) high.

Anyway, that’s going to be my only contribution to this thread, I’ve been lurking on it for a while and it’s gotten reminiscent of the glory days of Jade Helm. I figured it might be good to post some less pessimistic stuff

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
There won’t be a lockdown because people got scared when they started seeing their friends and family getting sick with COVID. So vaccine rates are going up again. We where stuck on 50% for a few months. But now seems we passed 60% and maybe on our way to 70%.

funny how seeing someone die puts some sense into people

Squincher

WKR
I assume this is an attempt at humor. It failed.

It doesn’t say they died from COVID. It just says they didn’t die from the vaccine.

still failed

Really? You don’t understand the article?

Its only stating that out of the 44k that where in the test group. 29 died, doesn’t say what they died from. Only that they didn’t died from the vaccine.

you monitor 44k people for three months, some of them are going to die

You still don’t get it? You know, it’s probably good you don’t get the vaccine. There is that whole Darwin thing.

They aren't monitoring the death rates for no reason. If you have a point, why don't you just make it and knock off the bs coy act?

And you can shove that last post right up your ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.