Everyone ready for lockdown 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodney482

WKR
Are you a healthcare worker that's being told that? Honest question because I work in healthcare and have been waiting for this to come down the pipe. I'll quit and move to alaska and build a hut to live in and they can kiss my furry eskimo buttox.

My daughter is an RN and was told Sept 15th or find another job. This is starting to happen at multiple hospitals in Indiana.

My daughter is an RN and was told Sept 15th or find another job. This is starting to happen at multiple hospitals in Indiana.
I’m completely pro choice when it comes to stuff to put in your body, but I have a serious question for the healthcare workers: Why do you view this vaccine as different than other vaccines you were required to get to do your job? If it’s strictly the emergency status, will you be for it if the FDA gives full and regular approval?

WRM

WKR
This may go down as one of the saddest episodes in American medical history, with the vast majority of medical personnel having let themselves be neutered by gov't, and a good majority of the population that has been neutered by the media. Fear is a powerful thing, and is good at preventing people from questioning authority, even when that authority lacks common sense.

Many high risk patients could very likely be kept out of the hospital with cheap, safe, available out patient medications or with the experimental vaccines, but one of these available options is not being entertained.

And many people who do end up at the hospital, could likely be quickly turned around back to home to receive out patient treatment only, if there was less politics in medicine (politics has always been in the finances of medicine, but never so prominent in the treatment).

And the way that these authoritarian governors in the name of so called safety have abused emergency powers and used state licensing agencies and health dept's to intimidate and take apart private businesses, churches, etc. is truly scary. I would like to see that whole system either disbanded or reorganized to better protect the people from these despots.

My sis in law got it earlier in year and went downhill first night and to ER next am. They first said "we're gonna need to keep you at least 5 days" UNTIL "what, your insurance is cancelled? You're just fine to go home!". She was there a day. Granted, the breathing treatments really did help her, but man she was really sick for a long stretch after. The Benjamins talk tho. Go die at your own house lady.

WRM

WKR
Apparently our "immunity debt" is gonna get us now. Who comes up with this BS?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I caught the covid over Christmas 2020 and 7 months later can still only taste and smell about 20% of what I could before. It is an atypical virus that's for sure.
Me too. The taste and smell thing is bizarre at best. There was one week where I didn't taste or smell a single thing until my daughter pulled out some pepperoni and I could smell it from across the room. So I ate a piece and could taste it. It was so good I made a sandwich out of it. From my first bite of the sandwich the taste was suddenly gone again. That's how fast it comes and goes. One minute can taste everything, the next......nothing again. But at least my lungs are almost back to "just asthmatic" instead of covid asthmatic.......just in time for elk season.

The bottom line for all this is........we're all Americans, well......except for the 50 million illegals that have come across our borders in the past 50 years. But as Americans we assess risk for ourselves and our families every single day, and make decisions based on those risks every single day. The risks and decisions are no different with Covid......we still have to assess and decide.......for ourselves and our families. The whole point of the Constitution and BOR's is to KEEP the government from mandating those decisions for us. Its not their decision, it's ours. It's getting awfully old though that the government seems to think that we aren't hearing their warnings........or we're under some form of denial.......or we're under some mystical power of Trump......or under the power of misinformation......or whatever garbage. We hear it all.....we get it......we understand it.......now LEAVE US ALONE!!

Last edited:

Mike7

WKR
I’m completely pro choice when it comes to stuff to put in your body, but I have a serious question for the healthcare workers: Why do you view this vaccine as different than other vaccines you were required to get to do your job? If it’s strictly the emergency status, will you be for it if the FDA gives full and regular approval?
Everything in medicine is completely about weighing risk vs. benefit for that individual person if you remove the public health part of the equation.

The way these current vaccines were brought to market was truly amazing, but with that corner cutting comes increased risk and unknown. Even under the usual longer term approval process historically with meds and vaccines, we find out all kinds of things regularly, once things get beyond drug company funded studies and things get out into the public for 1-2 years.

Hence why the highest risk people were experimented on first...because they had the most to gain/benefit.

Some potential answers to your question:
Some people/children are very low risk from this disease while just the short term true risk from the various vaccines is still being discovered in these otherwise low risk groups and long term risk is unknown, many people have already recovered from the disease and so far it appears that longer term immunity is going to be better from the disease than the immunization overall, potentially better immunizations are on the way, some who have had the disease may have higher side effects if they then get the immunization, and current vaccines are not necessarily preventing transmission (look at the recent data out of Israel).

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The way these current vaccines were brought to market was truly amazing, but with that corner cutting comes increased risk and unknown.
I hate it every time I hear someone say "this vaccine is perfectly safe". That is a guess even as a best case scenario. Nobody knows if these vaccines are safe.......they just started giving them out to the public late last year. We've already seen complications from way more people than we should for a vaccine for a virus that has shown better than a 99% survival rate. Nobody knows what the long term effects will be from the vaccines.......because they are brand new vaccines. 10 years from now they'll have a better idea as to their safety, but right now it's a guess at best to say they are "perfectly" safe.

rodney482

WKR
Its not even a vaccine by definition. Its mRNA and a completely new way of vaccinating. No long term testing at all.

Why hasnt FDA approved it yet?

The bottom line for all this is........we're all Americans, well......except for the 50 million illegals that have come across our borders in the past 50 years. But as Americans we assess risk for ourselves and our families every single day, and make decisions based on those risks every single day. The risks and decisions are no different with Covid......we still have to assess and decide.......for ourselves and our families. The whole point of the Constitution and BOR's is to KEEP the government from mandating those decisions for us. Its not their decision, it's ours. It's getting awfully old though that the government seems to think that we aren't hearing their warnings........or we're under some form of denial.......or we're under some mystical power of Trump......or under the power of misinformation......or whatever garbage. We hear it all.....we get it......we understand it.......now LEAVE US ALONE!!
I’m not saying I’m for it, but the Supreme Court did decide in 1905 that the government can require vaccinations. And compulsory vaccines for school children has been upheld multiple times. There really isn’t anything new now, except social media and the ability for all of us to immediately share and consume information.

I’m not saying I’m for it, but the Supreme Court did decide in 1905 that the government can require vaccinations. And compulsory vaccines for school children has been upheld multiple times. There really isn’t anything new now, except social media and the ability for all of us to immediately share and consume information.
Don't you think maybe it should be Fda approved before being required?

Personally idk why everyone wants to save everyone anyways.
The population of the earth needs reduced. People are living to long and we are going to outgrow our food and water supply.
Natural selection has to happen.

Sure if I loose a loved one obviously ill be upset. But it is what it is. People have to die.

rodney482

WKR

Hoping SCOTUS takes this up, unlikely a non FDA approved concoction will be forced on employees.

Vaccines were being used 100 yrs prior to that ruling.

Not 12 months

Wags

WKR
After my, and many others I served with, experience with the Anthrax vaccine series and what it did for us I'll hold off. IMO it's a personal choice and I don't judge people either way rather they do or don't get it. I just choose to wait. Not to mention I've got the antibodies so I should be good with the exception of the variants.

My employer threw the idea out there of requiring the vaccine and once they had an idea of how many would seek employment elsewhere it was no longer a topic.

Just like any other major life decision, educate yourself and make the decision that's best for you and your family.

Hoping SCOTUS takes this up, unlikely a non FDA approved concoction will be forced on employees.
I've heard my company is making all supervisor and above mandatory.
And they have all kinda propaganda on the website warning of 2.0 and its the non vaxers and if we don't get vexed there threatening max mandates again.

This has been way to political for me to believe anything the government puts out on it.

I take anything from the Potato Joe administration as fake news, propaganda and control based fear tactics.

After my, and many others I served with, experience with the Anthrax vaccine series and what it did for us I'll hold off. IMO it's a personal choice and I don't judge people either way rather they do or don't get it. I just choose to wait. Not to mention I've got the antibodies so I should be good with the exception of the variants.

My employer threw the idea out there of requiring the vaccine and once they had an idea of how many would seek employment elsewhere it was no longer a topic.

Just like any other major life decision, educate yourself and make the decision that's best for you and your family.
For real man 1st Anthrax vax and I immediately knew this shit is not supposed to go into your body. That crap was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.