exo mountain pack

Hard Reaching back can probably be said for most any pack. I am not the smallest or most flexible person. I use the Kifaru water bottle holder on my belt. It is mountedback towards the pack and I still have to stretch to reach. I don't want it any closer so it is not in the way.

For those having trouble with reaching the water bottle (me included) has anyone tried using a cup or pot in the pouch that your bottle nests in? Intuitively that seems like it would make it a lot easier to get out and especially in, perhaps solving the problem to some degree. I haven't tried it but I did just get a Vargo BOT that my 32 Oz. Nalgene fits nicely inside. I may give it a try at some point but was just curious if anyone else had tried it. I don't typically carry the Nalgene due to weight (I use old gatorade bottles instead) but if I'm already taking the BOT it may be worthwhile.

Hard Reaching back can probably be said for most any pack. I am not the smallest or most flexible person. I use the Kifaru water bottle holder on my belt. It is mountedback towards the pack and I still have to stretch to reach. I don't want it any closer so it is not in the way.

How did you attach the kifaru water bottle holder to your EXO belt? Just curious... I've been contemplating a belt bottle holder for awhile for all the obvious reasons.

The pack is great . I love my 5500 . Everything is in the right spot and can get it so it unloads most the weight off your shoulders. Just got gun / bow sling can't weight to use . In my option go big with the 5500 I use mine even as a day bag !!!

1cf59a73c47a331042395f41bb1564ae.jpg

The pack is great . I love my 5500 . Everything is in the right spot and can get it so it unloads most the weight off your shoulders. Just got gun / bow sling can't weight to use . In my option go big with the 5500 I use mine even as a day bag !!!

1cf59a73c47a331042395f41bb1564ae.jpg

Nice! I just ordered my 5500 in multicam today.

Guys I waivered back and forth for a while on whether to get the EXO weapon holder or Kifaru gun bearers. Get the EXO. Loosen the straps a bit it can do the exact same thing as a gun bearer, just have to find yourself another little Velcro or buckle strap to hold the barrel to your shoulder strap. Then you still have the versatility to move it around or change it to bow mode.

After reading every page on here and asking myself a few Questions and going back and forth, I finally just made the order for an EXO 5500 in foliage. Thanks

It would be sweet if some one who has a horn hauler post a pic of a 4k ci dry bag between the wings. I would like to see if it would ride similar to the nomad. Hard telling from the pics they have posted.

How did you attach the kifaru water bottle holder to your EXO belt? Just curious... I've been contemplating a belt bottle holder for awhile for all the obvious reasons.

Use some one inch webbing to loop through the four three bar sliders to make two verticle loops to go through the EXO attachment strap. It works well. I did the same with Kifaru belt pouches but with two sided Velcro instead of webbing.

Will there be any updates to the 3500 or 5500 for this year? If so does anybody know what they might be and when the new pack will be available? Thanks!

I heard Steve mention they were redesigning the lid a bit so that it came down more over the top of the bag. It's not a huge thing but my lid never seemed super secure as it barely goes over the frame but I'd like to see how they change it.

Anybody have issues reaching back over their shoulder to tighten the load lifters? I always find them but it takes an annoying amount of fumbling. Anybody done any mods to help with this?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Anybody have issues reaching back over their shoulder to tighten the load lifters? I always find them but it takes an annoying amount of fumbling. Anybody done any mods to help with this?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

A little bit, yes. The lid straps can often be confused for the load lifters, too.

Anyone else get some plastic caps for the frame sent to them? I guess they had a few problems with with the frame wearing through on the pack. It was only a problem for some packs made during a certain time.

Anyone else get some plastic caps for the frame sent to them? I guess they had a few problems with with the frame wearing through on the pack. It was only a problem for some packs made during a certain time.

Yeah we sent them out to everyone who ordered a pack from March - September last year as a precaution. Only a very small number of packs have actually worn through but we wanted to be pro-active in providing a fix and staying ahead of any further issues.

Steve

Back