Fargo, ND

OR Archer

WKR
I’ll be heading to Fargo next month for training. Any good places to eat or cool stuff I should see? Not sure how much free time I’ll actually have but I’d like to have something in my back pocket to do.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
You can always kill some time at scheels and Southtown pourhouse is a solid place to eat

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
The suggestions above are a great start. Fargo’s Scheels is great. JL beers is a must, get the chips.

I would add Sickies Garage and Junkyard Brewing too.

Scoot

WKR
JL Beers, Drekker, JL Beers if you want a beer. Mezaluna if you want really good, but kinda high brow food. Scheels. Widmans- get the chippers.

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
Well I’ll be at the Scheels store doing training so that one is already covered. Thanks for the suggestions so far. I wasn’t expecting there to be a ton of excitement in Fargo haha

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like Scheels should open a pub and have everything to do in Fargo covered under one roof.
That could be bad, go to the pub get liquored up, then head up stairs and blow more money on hunting gear

Run to jamestown and see the sacred white buffalo.
There is a restaurant there sells good walley, elk and buffalo. I cant remember the name off the top of my head

Backyard

WKR
So there really isn’t anything unless you want to go shopping or stop for a beer and pizza. It’s NoDak after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basher

FNG
Buddy of mine and I flew up to Fargo for him to buy a plane. The deal ultimately fell apart and we had a few days to kill. Which mostly consisted of us eating, cruising Scheel’s, and looking for something to do since we don’t drink and that’s all there is to do there lol.

coyoteman

FNG
For beers I'd check out Junkyard and Drekker. Depending on how much time you have to kill you could do some fishing on the river. Hit the dams for opportunities on walleyes and pike and pretty much any spot along the bank for catfish.

Just got back from a Ninja Competition there. Good spots for beer as mentioned above. Pretty sad when Scheels is a suggested stop but with a short amount of time and free admission, it worked for us. If you want a small gun store to browse and shoot the shit, check out Outdoorsman. Beer and Fish company and several other eateries in that same area are good. We took an early lunch and hit some golf balls at the Suiteshot which is like a TopGolf. Check out the Fargo/Moorehead visitor center for a quick stop and get a photo op with the wood chipper. We may be back that way so made a note to put the air museum, zoo, and the Hjemkomst Center with Viking ship on the possibles list.