FCS Playoffs

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I look back at the Jacks - Bobcats game; the Bobcats won that game after two refs signaled touchdown. Fans were starting to leave and then the announcers noticed a meeting of the refs in the end zone, several minutes after the TD signals, they determined the Jacks actually won the game.

Point being, they can be beat. Definitely not going to be easy to beat, their 26 game win streak is plenty proof enough of that :)

huntngolf

Lil-Rokslider
SDSU didn’t play sharp against the Bobcats early in the season. Just like the griz weren’t good against NAU early in the season. If sdsu plays as good as they did against Albany it will be a 21+ point win. Only way Montana keeps it close is if the rabbits have an off game

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
Lets not pretend that Albany would win a game, or be within 14 of any team from ND, SD or MT. Of the 6 teams in that area, 1 will win Natty, 4 are out of playoffs due to another team from the area, and UND had a decent season. Maybe within 14 of UND, maybe.

huntngolf

Lil-Rokslider
Well Albany beat Idaho the week before, same Idaho team that beat Mt St and lost by 2 to the griz. So to say they wouldn’t be within 14 of either of those teams seems like a stretch

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was early season; my point was they can beat :)

I would say that Villanova was definitely was in that game that I watched.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The offense seems to be very off/on; their defense (and special teams) is why they get to play in Frisco.

BadEarth

Lil-Rokslider
Go Jacks! Big time Jacks fan. Grew up east river in SD, went to school at SDSU. That drubbing against Albany was not expected at all, But not disappointed .

Really happy that Griz beat the Bison. Heck of a game.

SDSU was fortunate that we did not lose a bunch of players to the portal after last year. To me, NDSU losing a bunch after last year is just an indicator of coaching/program issues. NDSU has been on a coaching carousel, and was impressed with how they kept winning. All dynasties come to an end.

Do not expect to see another NDSU type run in FCS anytime soon. Their run has been impressive to say the least.
Where at East River? My wife and I both graduated from sdsu 7 years ago. Go jacks!!

Scoot

WKR
Lots of good points above as to why SDSU should win this game. Should! There's a reason they still play the game! I predict an (unfortunately) big SDSU win (2 touchdowns or more), but I also wouldn't be totally shocked if it was a much closer game than I'm thinking either.

Last edited:

NRA4LIFE

WKR
My dad and I stayed in Mitchell one night in the last hotel room available in the city, not knowing it was the start of pheasant season the next day. Had to sleep in the same bed with my stinky dad and no heat in the room.

Go Grizzlies!!

mtblackdog

Lil-Rokslider
Griz wont have their homey refs in Frisco. Never seen so many no called holds and PIs as they got away with in the playoffs. And the bunnies dont play nice.

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
Well Albany beat Idaho the week before, same Idaho team that beat Mt St and lost by 2 to the griz. So to say they wouldn’t be within 14 of either of those teams seems like a stretch
Fair points. And always hard to say in a blow out if one team played well, or the other awful.