FCS Playoffs

cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
The current way of NCAA sports will soon be a different animal all together if they don't come up with an equitable way to settle the portal and NIL issues.
The NCAA doesn’t have anybody in command that has 2 firing brain cells. NCAA has went the same route as the NRA did - follow the money. They could care less about the athletes.

Just look at the current NCAA stance on transgender playing participation, absolute mess.

I say it’s about time these kids get a say in being able to transfer schools for any reason and still maintain their eligibility. Only problem is top tier players already have agents and it’s gonna muddy the water even more. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

jmez

WKR
NCAA will have nothing to do with power 5 football within 10 years. Power 2 would be more correct.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
The NCAA doesn’t have anybody in command that has 2 firing brain cells. NCAA has went the same route as the NRA did - follow the money. They could care less about the athletes.

Just look at the current NCAA stance on transgender playing participation, absolute mess.

I say it’s about time these kids get a say in being able to transfer schools for any reason and still maintain their eligibility. Only problem is top tier players already have agents and it’s gonna muddy the water even more. FOLLOW THE MONEY.
I have always said when asked why things go one way or the other, it's all about the money.

Scoot

WKR
Why should the ncaa get to make multi millions off the players and they live on nothing. If they would have used a little common sense it would not have came to this but the ncaa is getting to sleep in the bed they made.
I totally agree with you regarding the NCAA- it's a mess they have made and no doubt they are sleeping in the bed they've made. Regarding players living on nothing- I don't agree there. I'm a former college athlete (just like a bunch of roksliders are)- they are getting an incredibly expensive education paid for (many of them, and those who aren't are choosing to play). It's not the money piece I was commenting on though, it's the ability to bounce around between schools in a pretty willy nilly manner. Try a stint here, don't like it, just hop over to another school with no ramifications.

Scoot

WKR
Not exactly sure what you don't agree with? Are you trying to say that students not be allowed to change schools?
Nope, they should be allowed to change schools. But they shouldn't be allowed to bounce between teams with no impact whatsoever. Your O linemen got hurt or you think the coach is a dick- just hop over to this other team who looks more promising or who offers more NIL money and play immediately...

This whole argument has been beaten to death already a million times. There are old school folks (like me) who think committing to a program should mean something and changing programs should have implications and there are those who believe athletes have been historically screwed (which I do partially agree with) and want them to have more say in what their future is... I get both sides of the issue and I've got my opinion on the matter. If yours is different from mine, I'm perfectly comfortable with that.

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
Nope, they should be allowed to change schools. But they shouldn't be allowed to bounce between teams with no impact whatsoever. Your O linemen got hurt or you think the coach is a dick- just hop over to this other team who looks more promising or who offers more NIL money and play immediately...

This whole argument has been beaten to death already a million times. There are old school folks (like me) who think committing to a program should mean something and changing programs should have implications and there are those who believe athletes have been historically screwed (which I do partially agree with) and want them to have more say in what their future is... I get both sides of the issue and I've got my opinion on the matter. If yours is different from mine, I'm perfectly comfortable with that.
No issues from me, was just curious.

Scoot

WKR
No, that's not shocking at all. But a bummer for the program for sure! I'm sure $$$ is getting waved in front of him and that's tough to not jump at...

To Scoot’s point, I read this will be that kid’s 5th school. Woof. I saw one report the Huskers May pick him up. Which would suggest he’s decided that he’s done playing football and just wants a decent payday before riding off into the sunset. Not a chance he sees the field at NE, especially with the #1 QB in the country just committing there.

jmez

WKR
If he goes to NE look for a position change to WR and emergency back up QB.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he goes to NE look for a position change to WR and emergency back up QB.

He's got pretty good hands and pretty tough runner- not sure if he has the speed for WR- maybe????

I do not know what to expect from SDSU next year. Will have to see how it all pans out. I did see the Montana QB hit the portal.

The portal and NIL is certainly changing college athletics. There is both good and bad with it. That is why I was happy to see Coach Stig from last year win the big one. He was with the program a long time.

I would just like the FBS to get their playoffs sorted out. I always thought they should just have 8 conferences with two divisions in each. First round of playoffs would be conference championships. Settle it on the field.

But there is way too much money involved to share with a cinderella program.

Latest I read is an NFL style, two conferences and limited to 32 teams. Think Big Ten and SEC or such.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
AV,

I have been in kinda the same mindset for a long time. If you didn't win your conference championship, NO CFP FOR YOU!

Unfortunately, major college football is moving towards just 4 and maybe 2 conferences, IMO. When the Pac 12 dissolved, who's next? Big 12, ACC? All other teams will be irrelevant and just farm teams. But it might boost a bunch of FCS teams into a higher category of some sort.