Feedback on Preferred Barrel Hybrid Lite for Tikka T3x Lite

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That makes sense. I browsed the contours page but didn't see it posted.
It doesn't show up until you're building a tikka prefit and then the drawing shows:
Tikka-Lite-Hybrid-Complete-scaled.jpg

kkp005

WKR
I’ve got a Pbb hybrid lite, mine wouldn’t fit in a factory t3x lite stock without removing some material

Hurley88

FNG
I’ve got a Pbb hybrid lite, mine wouldn’t fit in a factory t3x lite stock without removing some material
How much? If you don’t mind my asking. I wouldn’t think it would be very much at all after the measurements I took. And plastic is easy. 600 grit to remove, step it all the way to 3000 and you can’t even tell. But it’s inside the channel so you likely wouldn’t even go that far.

I ask bc I just ordered one. Unthreaded lol.

kkp005

WKR
How much? If you don’t mind my asking. I wouldn’t think it would be very much at all after the measurements I took. And plastic is easy. 600 grit to remove, step it all the way to 3000 and you can’t even tell. But it’s inside the channel so you likely wouldn’t even go that far.

I never took any material off… I had it in a stockys vg and was troubleshooting some accuracy issues and tried to put it in a factory stock. Ended up putting it in a veil stock just to troubleshoot accuracy

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

The hybrid contour is .042” larger diameter where the normal lite contour leaves the factor stock, minimal difference to clearance.

snowtoy83

Lil-Rokslider
I just got mine. It fits in factory stock but there was not enough clearance to be comfortable. 5 minutes with sandpaper wrapped around a socket and you will be fine. I ended up mounting mine in a Stockys VG. Same thing it fit but way to tight.

Attachments

• 68F62D96-B6FA-43B1-9EA5-B72395FA43FB.jpeg
    68F62D96-B6FA-43B1-9EA5-B72395FA43FB.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 79
I just got mine. It fits in factory stock but there was not enough clearance to be comfortable. 5 minutes with sandpaper wrapped around a socket and you will be fine. I ended up mounting mine in a Stockys VG. Same thing it fit but way to tight.
That’s sexy! I have the same on order. Should be done any day now.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Did you weigh it before installing? If so length and cartridge? Kinda curious what magnitude of weight they’re fluting removes. I’m thinking a few ounces on short lengths perhaps?

Hurley88

FNG
I never took any material off… I had it in a stockys vg and was troubleshooting some accuracy issues and tried to put it in a factory stock. Ended up putting it in a veil stock just to troubleshoot accuracy
Gotcha. Keep us updated on the accuracy issues, hope it isn’t barrel related.

snowtoy83

Lil-Rokslider
Did you weigh it before installing? If so length and cartridge? Kinda curious what magnitude of weight they’re fluting removes. I’m thinking a few ounces on short lengths perhaps?
18” 6 creed in hybrid lite contour. Exactly what I have been wanting.

Attachments

• 02CC997E-AA5D-4FE9-80E9-A94C4F51F1FF.jpeg
    02CC997E-AA5D-4FE9-80E9-A94C4F51F1FF.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 78

Hurley88

FNG
18” 6 creed in hybrid lite contour. Exactly what I have been wanting.
As a reference, here’s a 243 Win standard Lite contour that’s 22-1/4” long. Not a 6cm but it’s close. And four inches longer but hey.

Attachments

• IMG_2774.jpeg
    IMG_2774.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 56