Tikka T3 prefit barrel options

Sundodger

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to get a prefit barrel blank for my Tikka T3 superlite.

Stainless steel and preferably, the same or similar contour and fluting as my factory super lite.

Any recommendations?

I have heard mixed reviews about preferred barrel blanks and they don’t seem to offer the OEM tikka fluting pattern.

Get an ACE barrel in tikka lite contour and send it to a gunsmith who will chamber tikka prefits or just ship him your action or barreled action. Unknown munitions orders tikka lite contour blanks from ACE.

Most barrel makers will custom contour to your desire, just might take a long time. Lots of gunsmiths will contour a barrel too but it'd be cheaper to get a blank that way in the first place.

PVA was considering making them in tikka contour, can call them and ask if that is currently an option.

wyogoat

WKR
Watch for a Proof stainless prefit to pop up or do a WTB in the classifieds. Maybe get lucky?
Or go Ace or some of the others.

kkp005

WKR
Bump for you. I’d continue to look at options other than preferred. They have a rifle that I sent them back and It has been a royal pain in the ass dealing with them

I've heard good things about Ace, have an X-caliber and it's a 1/2 moa barrel in 6.5 grendel. I'll be trying an ace next but rest assured the X-calibers are damn nice barrels.

Watch for a Proof stainless prefit to pop up or do a WTB in the classifieds. Maybe get lucky?
Or go Ace or some of the others.
Have you had good luck with Proof Tikka pre-fits? I have. Carbon 6 on order but they’re 5-6 months lead time.

wyogoat

WKR
Have you had good luck with Proof Tikka pre-fits? I have. Carbon 6 on order but they’re 5-6 months lead time.
I know someone whose rifle shoots lights out with one.
I have mine here beside me but I haven’t threaded it on yet. I wasn’t in much hurry until the Rokstock showed up.

I know someone whose rifle shoots lights out with one.
I have mine here beside me but I haven’t threaded it on yet. I wasn’t in much hurry until the Rokstock showed up.
I’ve got a Rokstock on order too, as it stands now is the 90 day lead time for the stock holds up, I’ll be waiting on the barrel for 2 months minimum beyond that. Wondering if getting the Proof prefit coming now to speed up the process is worth it.

wyogoat

WKR
I don’t believe they make the stainless in Tikka prefit anymore for some reason. I may be off on that and what you’re looking for.
I tried to read as many reviews as I could for the available prefit steel barrels and just went with this one when the opportunity arose and since I had seen how well one shoots in the exact rifle and caliber I went with.
I’ve got a Rokstock on order too, as it stands now is the 90 day lead time for the stock holds up, I’ll be waiting on the barrel for 2 months minimum beyond that. Wondering if getting the Proof prefit coming now to speed up the process is worth it.