First hunt coming up, need pants.

Attack pants are my favorite - comfortable, extremely durable, and the hip vents are nice. I wear them at work and in the field. The corrugates are pretty lightweight, and would put them in a top 5. I've not tried PrAna's yet but they're next on my list.

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
Those sound like perfect pants. I hear with the kuiu's that you should size up from normal is that true with the kutana pants?

I wear around a 32-33 in something like an Eddie Bauer Horizon guide pant, my 34 Kutanas have a slightly slimmer fit than my 34 attacks. 5’9, 170 if that helps any. I prefer the fit and cut of the Kutanas, less baggy. I don’t know why you don’t see more reviews on them, because they perform great. Tough like a carhartt pant, but way lighter and breathe great.

OP
C

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a bigger guy so I usually wear a 38-40 in jeans and prana so I might go and order a 42 and try that size. I just got an email from kuiu for 25$ off and free shipping for ordering today so i might go and buy a pair to try out.

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
I’d probably think the 42’s would be a good choice, probably the perfect amount for a layer underneath if you need. I used that coupon for my pair as well. I hope they work as well for you as they do me, getting ready to pick up another pair soon.

OP
C

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
I’d probably think the 42’s would be a good choice, probably the perfect amount for a layer underneath if you need. I used that coupon for my pair as well. I hope they work as well for you as they do me, getting ready to pick up another pair soon.
That's one of the things I don't like about buying clothes online, I can't tell what fits better. When you say the kutanas are slimmer, where are they more slim for you?

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
Throughout the thigh and leg, not skinny jeans tight, but more of a slim fit pant. Will this be your first pair of Kuiu pants?

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
Tried any Sitka pants on in a store? Trying to give you a good comparison, they’re something on the lines of the ascent or apex.

OP
C

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
Tried any Sitka pants on in a store? Trying to give you a good comparison, they’re something on the lines of the ascent or apex.
No I havent tried any of the sitka pants, I know that the sportsmans here has sitka so maybe they have those pants there that I could try.

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a similar pant size for both brands, so you could try them on get your size and order the kuiu’s

Canis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
So I’ll be doing my first hunt in the beginning of October up in the mountains of NV and am trying to figure out what pants and combo I can get away with.

Temps can range from 20-80.

Thinking of using either the prana's or maybe picking up some FL corrugate and or the KUIU attack pants as everyone here raves about it (have to get one size larger it seems)

I have some UA base 2.0 leggings, will all of these pants do well in these temps with just the added leggings? Having a hard time picturing how warm some of this makes you.
Take a look at our line of pants and base layers. https://www.canisathlete.com/

OP
C

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
Got the attacks in today and went straight to the tailor to have them hemmed as they are extremely long and baggy.

I’m 6’ tall and I’m having them hemmed up so they aren’t so long that they go under my footwhen not wearing shoes. Getting them done up so that they come down to the bottom of my foot essentially. If I remember right the length I’m getting is 29.5 hemmed

OP
C

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a similar pant size for both brands, so you could try them on get your size and order the kuiu’s
Thanks for the suggestion on the pants, I love them for the small time that I wore them before the tailor. I can tell that these pants are definitely heavier/warmer than the prana’s.