First Lite 2021

OP
G

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any ideas on the first lite vapor rain jacket. Hunting Alaska in august and don’t care to get soaked if it can be avoided. I’m still looking for a lightweight jacket if possible.

I used the vapor for a season in 2018, it wetted out pretty bad. I stayed relatively dry underneath but I just wasn’t overly impressed.

HoneyDew

WKR
Any ideas on the first lite vapor rain jacket. Hunting Alaska in august and don’t care to get soaked if it can be avoided. I’m still looking for a lightweight jacket if possible.

What Goosano said. Vapor is a windbreaker you throw in your pack for hiking/hunting dry places with a *chance* of rain. The SEAK (South East AK) you wear if it’s going to rain. I live and hunt west WA and the SEAK has been solid. I have the vapor and it lives in my hiking pack or truck in case I need a jacket and don’t have one. I knew it was a lightweight jacket but was still not impressed by how quick it wet out.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I’ve had two different SEAK jackets wet out on me. I love Aerowool and many other FL products but the rain gear has never been great for me.

HoneyDew

WKR
I’ve had two different SEAK jackets wet out on me. I love Aerowool and many other FL products but the rain gear has never been great for me.

When did you buy them? Mines from 2016. Maybe the quality got worse/better? Who am I kidding it always gets worse…

Generally an FL fan too. I have a set of that first gen seak stuff. First trip out I brushed some thorns and the shoulder ripped open More easily than I would have liked. They told me they weren’t meant for brush busting and suggested I patch them, which I did. However, I didn’t like the idea of having to baby them. Moved on to kuiu / Sitka and never looked at FL rain gear again.

I get it, it was early days for them and they were refining some designs (looking at you North Branch pants) and working out some kinks (exploding kanab crotches) but that was an awfully expensive bit of R&d I did for them On my dime.

anyone have an idea on when the new catalyst foundry will be available? or if a windstopping layered system will be introduced?

I was thinking of selling my solitude system and hop on the Fanatic train.

I got way too cold in the solitude system wearing 350 and 250 merino and it was still October. Maybe I'm cold natured but I just felt like that shouldn't be happening.

I took advantage of the Sitka memorial day sale. If I were to recreate what I bought with the comparable FL pieces, the Sitka stuff was still $100 cheaper plus windstopper and sizes that actually fit me perfectly.

I like alot of the FL pieces, and their camo patterns. But shits too expensive to still be cold and not fit right (for me).

If a windstopping layer is not in a system this year, i will be purchasing the Fanatic and selling my solitude jacket and bibs.