First Wolf Kill of Livestock in Colorado

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
Had them pop into view at 10 yards - pistol range - shed hunting trying to kill my dogs. They came in downwind & no doubt could smell my sweaty self. Might of been bad news for some of them & lucky I only had a pistol.That will make your neck hairs stand up. Now never go out with less than 44 mag & usually 454 when you throw in a few griz encounters at close range.

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
I think that's the rumor among western hunters anyway.

I also know there are a lot of people who are interested in ecosystem health who frankly don't even think about recreational hunters, or at least not nearly as much as then hunters give them credit for.

For a lot of people, hunters are an afterthought.
Now this pops up in Colorado legislature. Nothing to see hear these people don’t even think about hunters lol. Why introduce and protect predators at the expense of all other wildlife? Is it just wildlife bigotry or do deer and elk matter as much as predators? I will let you connect the dots. Re study the North American wildlife model first. 66922E55-02D6-4724-A8A3-A1D0998520AC.jpeg

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
Now this pops up in Colorado legislature. Nothing to see hear these people don’t even think about hunters lol. Why introduce and protect predators at the expense of all other wildlife? Is it just wildlife bigotry or do deer and elk matter as much as predators? I will let you connect the dots. Re study the North American wildlife model first. View attachment 367511
If it passes it will be a felony in Colorado to hunt mountain lions. I think as hunters we need to wake up. there is a bigger agenda that wolf and predator lovers are pursuing

Now this pops up in Colorado legislature. Nothing to see hear these people don’t even think about hunters lol. Why introduce and protect predators at the expense of all other wildlife? Is it just wildlife bigotry or do deer and elk matter as much as predators? I will let you connect the dots. Re study the North American wildlife model first. View attachment 367511
Trap, there's a good chance I was studying the NA model before you ever heard about it, so that dog won't hunt. How many people does it take to propose a bill? Not many. My point stands.

The trouble with conspiracy theorists is that if you don't see the conspiracy, you're automatically "one of them." LOL

Trap, there's a good chance I was studying the NA model before you ever heard about it, so that dog won't hunt. How many people does it take to propose a bill? Not many. My point stands.

The trouble with conspiracy theorists is that if you don't see the conspiracy, you're automatically "one of them." LOL
Hold on, are you saying this bill is a big nothing burger? Pretty sure that is a real bill in the real Colorado legislature and not a conspiracy theory. It was proposed by 4 Dem senators and considering Dems control the state house, senate, and governors seat, it has a real shot at passing. I would urge all CO residents to contact their reps.

Last edited:

Trap

Lil-Rokslider

I have no doubt you have studied it I studied it in college in Montana in 1989.Did I win? Lol that doesn’t matter and I believe you’re very familiar with the nawm . I asked for you to reconsider how the model works and ask yourself why? Why introduce more wolves on top of naturally migrating wolves already present? Why go full court press and try and ban lion hunting right after getting more wolves? Why introduce and protect predators at the expense of most other wildlife? If you can’t connect the dots i guess it’s a pointless debate. You might be the one automatically dismissing viewpoints that don’t fit your narrative. To me it’s obvious what the goal of all this is,

Squincher

WKR
Hold on, are you saying this bill is a big nothing burger? Pretty sure that is a real bill in the real Colorado legislation and not a conspiracy theory. It was proposed by 4 Dem senators and considering Dems control the state house, senate, and governors seat, it has a real shot at passing. I would urge all CO residents to contact their reps.

You've been around long enough to know Newt considers any disagreement with a liberal politician to be a conspiracy theory.

I have no doubt you have studied it I studied it in college in Montana in 1989.Did I win? Lol that doesn’t matter and I believe you’re very familiar with the nawm . I asked for you to reconsider how the model works and ask yourself why? Why introduce more wolves on top of naturally migrating wolves already present? Why go full court press and try and ban lion hunting right after getting more wolves? Why introduce and protect predators at the expense of most other wildlife? If you can’t connect the dots i guess it’s a pointless debate. You might be the one automatically dismissing viewpoints that don’t fit your narrative. To me it’s obvious what the goal of all this is,
Sorry no. You didn't win.

And regardless if what you or I think on the matter, it will make zero difference. You're shaking your fist at the sky at this point. I hope it makes you feel better.

Hold on, are you saying this bill is a big nothing burger? Pretty sure that is a real bill in the real Colorado legislature and not a conspiracy theory. It was proposed by 4 Dem senators and considering Dems control the state house, senate, and governors seat, it has a real shot at passing. I would urge all CO residents to contact their reps.
Never said anything of the sort.

You've been around long enough to know Newt considers any disagreement with a liberal politician to be a conspiracy theory.
849f7e11144044fc21a13e792a2f4151.jpeg

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry no. You didn't win.

And regardless if what you or I think on the matter, it will make zero difference. You're shaking your fist at the sky at this point. I hope it makes you feel better.
Not really we treed a nice lion last Saturday and we harvested him. Idaho will be just fine for quite a while. I will constantly point out what’s really going on even when it doesn’t affect me. Just a so hunter’s voices don’t get drowned out by the liberal dribble they call science or the balance of nature. It’s way too obvious what there end game is and I will always vocally point it out. Some I think pretty smart people just don’t want to see it. Not sure why it’s pretty easy to connect the dots

Not really we treed a nice lion last Saturday and we harvested him. Idaho will be just fine for quite a while. I will constantly point out what’s really going on even when it doesn’t affect me. Just a so hunter’s voices don’t get drowned out by the liberal dribble they call science or the balance of nature. It’s way too obvious what there end game is and I will always vocally point it out. Some I think pretty smart people just don’t want to see it. Not sure why it’s pretty easy to connect the dots
You honestly think that posting page after page on a forum created for the most avid of hunters is going to make a difference huh. Interesting theory.

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
You honestly think that posting page after page on a forum created for the most avid of hunters is going to make a difference huh. Interesting theory.
Hmmm. You’re on here. You are a smart guy and a hunter who I think has a college degree that has at least some but maybe a lot to do with wildlife management. You said it just takes a few people to introduce a bill to totally kill lion hunting. What if I got just a few hunters to think about the big picture of what the anti hunters are trying to accomplish with an abundance of predators? Again I’m not anti wolf or anything else with fangs and claws. I’m anti mismanagement and overpopulation at the expense of deer and elk. Maybe you will open your mind to what’s going on in the big picture. That would be worth it. I don’t believe I have to worry about it in Idaho for quite a while as we manage predators ( except constant lawsuits to stop wolf management) but they are coming to a state near all of us soon with arms full of new predators and laws prohibiting the management of existing predators. I think this discussion has run its course pic from last weekend

Attachments

• 7325BEE9-FAB8-4E93-BFAC-409C9DA1894E.jpg
    7325BEE9-FAB8-4E93-BFAC-409C9DA1894E.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 30
OP
Indian Summer
We saw a problem from the start. We had dealt with anti hunters before. We were forced to accept an “agreement”. The terms of the agreement were circumvented by the lawyers of anti hunting groups. The results are well documented. Devastating results. And now there are people who say more of the same is ok. They are creative in their ways rounding up money and support from uneducated sympathetic people from all over the country. They are witty with their words. The have mastered skirting around the facts like a barrel horse going around a drum. They are everywhere. Some of the brainwashed are hunters. Some of those hunters are people who enjoy big long debates and have an answer for everything. You are wasting your breath on one of those types right now Trap.

Nice Tom!

Hmmm. You’re on here. You are a smart guy and a hunter who I think has a college degree that has at least some but maybe a lot to do with wildlife management. You said it just takes a few people to introduce a bill to totally kill lion hunting. What if I got just a few hunters to think about the big picture of what the anti hunters are trying to accomplish with an abundance of predators? Again I’m not anti wolf or anything else with fangs and claws. I’m anti mismanagement and overpopulation at the expense of deer and elk. Maybe you will open your mind to what’s going on in the big picture. That would be worth it. I don’t believe I have to worry about it in Idaho for quite a while as we manage predators ( except constant lawsuits to stop wolf management) but they are coming to a state near all of us soon with arms full of new predators and laws prohibiting the management of existing predators. I think this discussion has run its course pic from last weekend
Yea, and neither you or I vote in Colorado. LOL

Your view toward predators is very dated. Popular still, but dated.