FORLOH pack launched today!

OP
ForlohFamily

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Maybe it’s me, but what is it with pack launches at exorbitant prices that don’t show any field testing. . . It leads me to wonder was it even done? Show us some packs that have been used and abused for what you’re advertising they can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attached are some photos from when we were out field testing. Maybe we should have taken more or I can try to drum up some shitty phone images from the team - but there has been a lot of testing and generations of this pack. Its hard to invest in photography or take time to stop and take photos on a hunt with it when we can't use any of these images because we've changed so much. Buckles, straps, locations of pockets, ect. We know where to reinforce, ect. ect. We'd love to get more images of this in use and are working on it! It only just came out!

Attachments

• Small_JPG-21-FORLOH-Alaska-Andy-Deep Cover-Moose Hunt 203.JPG
    Small_JPG-21-FORLOH-Alaska-Andy-Deep Cover-Moose Hunt 203.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Small_JPG-21-FORLOH-Alaska-Andy-Deep Cover-Moose-A 47.JPG
    Small_JPG-21-FORLOH-Alaska-Andy-Deep Cover-Moose-A 47.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Small_JPG-21-Forloh-Method Pack-UPF shirt-Carson-Travis-Maranda 26.JPG
    Small_JPG-21-Forloh-Method Pack-UPF shirt-Carson-Travis-Maranda 26.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Small_JPG-21-FORLOH-Alaska-Andy-Deep Cover-Moose Hunt 173.JPG
    Small_JPG-21-FORLOH-Alaska-Andy-Deep Cover-Moose Hunt 173.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 198

amassi

WKR
Attached are some photos from when we were out field testing. Maybe we should have taken more or I can try to drum up some shitty phone images from the team - but there has been a lot of testing and generations of this pack. Its hard to invest in photography or take time to stop and take photos on a hunt with it when we can't use any of these images because we've changed so much. Buckles, straps, locations of pockets, ect. We know where to reinforce, ect. ect. We'd love to get more images of this in use and are working on it! It only just came out!
By field testing they likely mean loaded down- bag stuffed to capacity with meat on the shelf like a pack out- not a walk through a field.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Mojave

WKR
By field testing they likely mean loaded down- bag stuffed to capacity with meat on the shelf like a pack out- not a walk through a field.

Yep, glam shots from within a mile of the factory, probably almost as good.

bsnedeker

WKR

Yeah, and as she said in her previous post at the moment she has this out with a field tester hunting bears...she said IF he is successful they will have a real review and real pictures.

fatlander

WKR
Yeah, and as she said in her previous post at the moment she has this out with a field tester hunting bears...she said IF he is successful they will have a real review and real pictures.

How can you charge 800+ for a pack that hasn’t been field tested with a straight face?

bsnedeker

WKR
How can you charge 800+ for a pack that hasn’t been field tested with a straight face?

I mean good lord...are you being purposefully obtuse? Have you not read anything that Forloh has posted in this thread? Do you enjoy throwing out ridiculous criticisms of companies for absolutely no reason? Does that give you pleasure?

Forloh has stated QUITE CLEARLY that they have field tested this thing extensively. The handful of pictures that they shared with us are from that field testing and evaluation process.

What is happening right now is that a USER is field testing the pack so they can get an honest review for their marketing. They know very well how it works, and they think it is great. Now they are waiting for field reviews from USERS that they can actually share with people since this is a brand new backpack that they have never sold before. That seems extremely reasonable to me...but I'm sure when you launch your 100% made in the USA clothing and gear company you'll do a MUCH better job than them.

fatlander

WKR
I mean good lord...are you being purposefully obtuse? Have you not read anything that Forloh has posted in this thread? Do you enjoy throwing out ridiculous criticisms of companies for absolutely no reason? Does that give you pleasure?

Forloh has stated QUITE CLEARLY that they have field tested this thing extensively. The handful of pictures that they shared with us are from that field testing and evaluation process.

What is happening right now is that a USER is field testing the pack so they can get an honest review for their marketing. They know very well how it works, and they think it is great. Now they are waiting for field reviews from USERS that they can actually share with people since this is a brand new backpack that they have never sold before. That seems extremely reasonable to me...but I'm sure when you launch your 100% made in the USA clothing and gear company you'll do a MUCH better job than them.

This website was founded on critique of gear. I am 100% in support of FORLOHs ethos for being American start to finish, but that doesn’t get them a pass.

Throwing out an 800+ dollar pack that for all intents and purposes doesn’t have any real world testing and review rubs most gear guys the wrong way. You said as much yourself, if the guy bear hunting kills a bear they’ll have a sample size of 1 to pull information from.

Everyone I know takes pictures of packs loaded down. And they take pictures of their buddies with their packs loaded down while coming out. The not having a camera guy following around testers is a shitty excuse for not testing something before bringing it to market.

Time will tell if this pack is a serious contender based on how it functions in the field and how it stands up to abuse. Personally, I don’t like that it’s passed on to the consumer to figure that out.

slowelk

WKR
About the only thing that can be easily criticized on this pack is the frame height. Everything else needs to be put to use in order to get a fair shake. It's easy to take shots, it's harder to produce something that you think fits a gap in the market.

I'm not a fan of FORLOH, on podcasts the founder basically ripped Johnathan Hart/Sitka's origin story, and his reputation in NW MT is not exactly impeccable, but let's give these guys credit for their foray into a new area. Innovation has to start somewhere.

amassi

WKR

There's 4 pictures on this thread of an empty pack on a walkabout. Which of those 4 is the extensive field test?

OP
ForlohFamily

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Sent from my SM-G991U us

Well now there’s some field testing!

And a very poor (or non-existent?) load lifter angle due to short frame!

Release a taller frame @ForlohFamily and I think you’ll be on to something. And I’m assuming there are load lifters? If not…well I’m glad someone is trying!
We appreciate you feed back! We did adjust the pack after this hunt. This hunt was a good test run of the pack because we where able to learn what worked and did not work.

Last edited:
OP
ForlohFamily

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This website was founded on critique of gear. I am 100% in support of FORLOHs ethos for being American start to finish, but that doesn’t get them a pass.

Throwing out an 800+ dollar pack that for all intents and purposes doesn’t have any real world testing and review rubs most gear guys the wrong way. You said as much yourself, if the guy bear hunting kills a bear they’ll have a sample size of 1 to pull information from.

Everyone I know takes pictures of packs loaded down. And they take pictures of their buddies with their packs loaded down while coming out. The not having a camera guy following around testers is a shitty excuse for not testing something before bringing it to market.

Time will tell if this pack is a serious contender based on how it functions in the field and how it stands up to abuse. Personally, I don’t like that it’s passed on to the consumer to figure that out.

Thank you for the supporting our mission with 100% USA made products. We under stand that this does not give us a pass when it comes you everyone's feed back good and bad. The feed back that we get will help us become better. We have field tested pack on hunts but we don't have vary many photos because we can used them for almost all of our marketing content. I will see what we can do to get more photos of our pack loaded down with game in the shelf for everyone on here.

If you are looking for a 100% made in America pack this is the only option other than Kifaru so I'm really glad to see some competition in that market.

I think some additional frame sizes and some additional bag choices would really help fill some of the gaps mentioned above.

Do you have these available in the Whitefish store for me to put hands on?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Wilderness pack specialties is also 100% made in the USA. BERRY compliant also.

OP
ForlohFamily

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Wilderness pack specialties is also 100% made in the USA. BERRY compliant also.
Thank you for your suggestion! We do have them at the Whitefish location. Erin and Carson would be more then willing to help you out!

Last edited: