Gander Mountain/Camping World No Longer Selling Guns & Ammo?

I went in to check out guns/ammo at Camping World (Gander Mountain?), only to find the staff packing up guns and ammo shelves bare. They said they were told to pack up all guns and ammo, but that they would continue to sell everything else. Is this simply a local branch shutdown, or is Gander Mountain getting out of the guns/ammo business?

The one here in ABQ is WAY out of town, so likely suffers from non-RV traffic. Anyone else hear about this? Sucks that we lose yet another competitor to Cabelas/Sportsmans/Basspro...

I went in to camping world in New Braunfels, TX and they did the same thing there. That was a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raygun15E

FNG
A buddy of mine in upstate NY said the same thing is happening to the Gander near our hometown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlmmarine

WKR
The guy who bought out gander mou tain a few years ago used to sponsor anti hunting and anti gun groups from what i herd here in FL. Once gander mountain closed they never opened back up here in the state and everyone i knew wondered how long it would take for him to push his views.

No we know

Now I have to go check last I was in our gander they still had a pretty respectable gun counter would be a shame for them to not have it anymore. Thinking back to the last time I was in there though they had gotten rid of their tactical clothing section 🤔

Rich M

WKR
Just look to Australia and New Zealand.

Walmart, Dicks, Gander....

Someone had said that Gander had a big sale on guns near them - mighta been part of this push.

Gander Mountain closed here and reopened as Gander Outdoors only to close shortly after. The local gun shops around here have been killing it for the past few years so it works for me.

WCB

WKR
Place was a crap hole when it was still called Gander Mountain. All the ones around here (MN) either closed due tot he Bankruptcy or reopened as Gander Outdoors and stuffed their parking lots with RVs and Campers. Too many local guys to worry about buying guns from any box store now anyways.

gilby

Lil-Rokslider
I seems like they are only going to sell RVs and camping gear. They started liquidating fishing gear in May in MN, and have had all hunting clothes and other items on closeout. My Dad mentioned that guns were 25% off and they took them off sale Sunday here.

I wouldn't be sad that another corporate chain is not selling guns. If there is demand then a good gun shop will have the opportunity to grow. That sounds better to me anyway.

Gabagool

FNG
The guy who bought out gander mou tain a few years ago used to sponsor anti hunting and anti gun groups from what i herd here in FL. Once gander mountain closed they never opened back up here in the state and everyone i knew wondered how long it would take for him to push his views.

No we know
I used to work at the Gander Mountain headquarters in St. Paul, MN, and I was there when they filed for bankruptcy. Marcus Lemonus is the guy who ended up acquiring Gander Mtn. and Overton's. I remember early on he was against selling firearms, but he ended up deciding to only stop selling AR-15's at that time. I left the company shortly after this, but I'm not surprised Marcus ended up pulling all firearms off the shelves. This guy is a total libtard and he was very dishonest with many employees during the acquisition. A lot of people lost their positions after he had told them they wouldn't, and it was an absolute §hit show.

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
I called the Madison Wisconsin store looking for steel shot the other day. I asked the receptionist to transfer me to firearms, and she said we don’t sell those anymore. They got rid of a lot of their fishing stuff too.

Sapcut

WKR
Gander Mountain went totally out of business in Alabama years ago. The banker who OK'd the loan to GH to build bunches of high dollar stores and the person who continued to keep the noncompetitive pricing business model should be fired and put under the jail.

isu22andy

WKR
Gander Mountain is just another Dicks Sporting goods . 2 garbage stores I wont step foot in again.

He was going to buy a business a guy I know works for, he got my friend fired and then backed out of the deal.
He said he didn’t want Trump supporters as customers, no problem guy, I can respect that wish. But to then come out and try to backtrack with his faux flag controversy when he realized he made a mistake is just as chicken crap as the other stories I’ve heard about him.

They were pretty crummy anyway... just like dicks. What's sad is the new field and stream stores going the same way due to their affiliation with dicks. I wish them all bad luck. Lol

Happy to see a sportsmans warehouse coming in near me ... hope it's betterthan their online presence.